All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
harpreet9

GC processing queue for Indian parents with child born in Dubai

Hello,

I'd like to know the Green Card processing queue for Indian born parents with 1 child born in Dubai, UAE.

Parents: Born in India (Visa: L1-B (Husband) and L2 (Wife))

Child 1: Born in India (Visa: L2)

Child 2: Born in Dubai, UAE (Visa: L2)

Please advise that if I apply for the Green Card via my employer, would my application go in the queue for India or could it be Dubai?

Thanks,

Harpreet

All US immigration categories are based on the country of birth of the beneficiary. US employer could not possibly apply for your parents GC. If you are a US citizen, then you could apply for your parents GC.

Cross-chargeability only works with spouses. Where a child is born does not have any effect.

If you, the Applicant is born in India, then it would GC would be processed with the Country of birth, i.e. India.

your child's birth country does not matter here.

Country of birth matters and in your case you fall under "rest of the world" and GC is current.

Wrong. The applicant is born in India, so he falls under the India quota.

Cross-chargeability would only apply if the applicant's spouse was born in another country. Country of birth of children does not have any effect.

If you, the Applicant is born in India, then it would GC would be processed with the Country of birth, i.e. India. Marriage Certificate Apostille