Got 221G in Jamaica today . Need immediate help please .

sam_12

Hi all,

I had my interview today(sept. 15th 2014) @7:00 a.m. in Jamaican US Consolate. I got a pink slip (221G )  and the Visa officer said my case requires some administrative processing . And the said they will let me know once the  process is complete.

Please let me know if anyone has ad the same issue or anyone had any idea how long this process takes to complete. 

Also I have a valid student  visa which is expiring in next 4 days . Is it possible to return back to US on that F-1 Visa because anyways H-1 starts from Ocober 1st.

Please Advice. Any help is much appreciated.

May Thanks,

Sameer.

Yes. You might want to return to U.S while you had the visa if you requested your passport back from the consulate. Then later keep in touch with the consulate by email and go back and get you visa when it is ready. But you may be questioned at the immigration when you com back to US. I have returned to US using my Advance Parole while consulate in mexico was processing my Visa, but that does not equate to having a visa that expires 4 days just saying ...

Knowing that 221 g would take time you would try to come back while you could. Once that oppurtuniy is gone your options would be staying in Jamaica or going to home country.

Do you have valid I20?? what will you do after entering on F1??

Hi Rahul,

Yes I have a valid  I-20 issued by my international Advisor last month. It is valid till December 2014. Is it  sufficient to prove that I still hold a valid F-1 visa and can safely enter Us on that basis ?

IF YOUR CASE IS GENUINE AND ALL DOCUMENTS ARE IN PLACE, THEN KEEP FOLLOWING UP WITH THEM ON THE STATUS, YOU WILL GET IT EVENTUALLY.

Yes, my case is Genuine.  My H-1 was filed in a premium process and it was approved without any RFE's . Is it appropriate to call  the US Embassy at Jamaica to  follow up and ask for the duration it will take to complete the Investigation process ?

Hi all,

I had my interview today(sept. 15th 2014) @7:00 a.m. in Jamaican US Consolate. I got a pink slip (221G )  and the Visa officer said my case requires some administrative processing . And the said they will let me know once the  process is complete.

Please let me know if anyone has ad the same issue or anyone had any idea how long this process takes to complete. 

Also I have a valid student  visa which is expiring in next 4 days . Is it possible to return back to US on that F-1 Visa because anyways H-1 starts from Ocober 1st.

Please Advice. Any help is much appreciated.

May Thanks,

Sameer.

Share your questions Visa officer asked. 

Hi Rahul,

Yes I have a valid  I-20 issued by my international Advisor last month. It is valid till December 2014. Is it  sufficient to prove that I still hold a valid F-1 visa and can safely enter Us on that basis ?

So what you gonna do with that 4 months valid I20.

You cannot enter on F1 whenever you like it. Can enter only 30 days before your semester starts.

Yes, my case is Genuine.  My H-1 was filed in a premium process and it was approved without any RFE's . Is it appropriate to call  the US Embassy at Jamaica to  follow up and ask for the duration it will take to complete the Investigation process ?

As asked by many others, are you with a desi consulting company? Are you a full time employee? If you cannot share questions and your situation, we are sorry but would not be able to advice.

• 2 months later...

Archived