Calling any 221g blue slip in Canada

naumil

I had my first H1B visa interview during the first week of August. I had interview for hardly 2-3 minutes, and VO said visa is approved but its in admin process and handed 221g blue slip.

Its now almost 26 working days past and I have my process on CEAC as Admin Process. 

Anyone in the same situation, please share here. 

Did you take action like submitting additional documents asked on 221g blue slip?

Which consulate in Canada did u attend for interview??

Did the VO kept your passport? if YES, there is 95 percent chance, the visa will be issued after necessary admin process.

if NO, no one know what will happen. Just have to wait and see.

Good luck.

VO only asked for my Resume which i gave him right away, so no more docs were asked.

I went to Ottawa.

VO said my visa is approved but needs admin process and did kept my passport.

what about your experiences?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi naumil,

Did you get your stamped passport back?

I am in the same situation. Attended the interview on August 3rd week in Ottawa. VO issued  221g blue slip and said i may need to stay in canada for few weeks and requested for my CV, kept the passport with him.

its been close to 35 days and i am yet to get the response.

Thanks.

Hi naumil,

Did you get your stamped passport back?

I am in the same situation. Attended the interview on August 3rd week in Ottawa. VO issued  221g blue slip and said i may need to stay in canada for few weeks and requested for my CV, kept the passport with him.

its been close to 35 days and i am yet to get the response.

Thanks.

Hi Varun,

I am still waiting for my passport with visa stamp. On Ceac webpage there is no change in any dates. Case updated date is still the same as my interview date. I have been tracking with chinese tracker and I did see that they have completed all cases upto July 16th. So expecting that now they will be coming to last 2 weeks of July this week and next week will be first week of August. Hope we get early then our expectations.

Hi Varun,

I am still waiting for my passport with visa stamp. On Ceac webpage there is no change in any dates. Case updated date is still the same as my interview date. I have been tracking with chinese tracker and I did see that they have completed all cases upto July 16th. So expecting that now they will be coming to last 2 weeks of July this week and next week will be first week of August. Hope we get early then our expectations.

Hi naumil,

Thanks for your reply.

Even i was thinking the same as what you said. Tracking the status in chinese tracker, from the last 2 weeks July H1, B1 cases started getting approvals before that it was only J1 and F1 cases. Hope we'll get our approvals soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Varun,

Hi naumil,

Did you get any update?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

naumil, 

any update?

Not yet, but i did send email to Embassy and they responded with the reply below.

"Your case is still pending. Unfortunately we are unable to estimate a date when this will clear.  Current processing time for administrative processing is approximately 12 weeks. However, when administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case."

Therefore hoping to see some update soon.

My interview was in 9th september,

I am also in same boat, its been 6 weeks, still not get response yet.

By the way what are you doing for acomodation?

I got following reply,

Your case was subject to a legally mandated review.  Our embassy has no control over the pace or scope of that review. While we are sensitive to the inconvenience caused to applicants worldwide subject to this review, we must follow U.S. law and wait for a response before we can continue processing your application.

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 business days of the visa interview or submission of supplemental documents. However, when administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

Thank You,

Chintan Patel

My interview was in 9th september,

I am also in same boat, its been 6 weeks, still not get response yet.

By the way what are you doing for acomodation?

I got following reply,

Your case was subject to a legally mandated review.  Our embassy has no control over the pace or scope of that review. While we are sensitive to the inconvenience caused to applicants worldwide subject to this review, we must follow U.S. law and wait for a response before we can continue processing your application.

Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 business days of the visa interview or submission of supplemental documents. However, when administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case.

Thank You,

Chintan Patel

Archived