Toronto H1b Stamping

nikki2011

Hi,

I went for H1B stamping at Toronto consulate on tuesday Sep 9th . My interview went very well and the VO officer said its approved you will get it in 3-5 business days . But I checked my status in CEAC website and it shows admin processing. Does anybody else had similar experience and know how much time does it takes for the processing? I was not handed over any slip, rather was told its approved.

Hi,

I went for H1B stamping at Toronto consulate on tuesday Sep 9th . My interview went very well and the VO officer said its approved you will get it in 3-5 business days . But I checked my status in CEAC website and it shows admin processing. Does anybody else had similar experience and know how much time does it takes for the processing? I was not handed over any slip, rather was told its approved.

Can you give me your contact info, email/phone? I went to Calgary on Sep 9th, visa was approved but still waiting for PP.

Thanks sgeovar.

My Interview time was at 9.am. I reached consulate at 8.30 , one person outside the consulate checked the appointment and asked me if I have any keys, phone or anything. I said no and he did let me in. Next was security , after security in line there was one person who checked 797 and passport . He said I would not need any other paper for now and can keep rest everything separately. Then a 3rd person validated the appointment time with DS160 confirmation page and kept my passport , appointment letter and 797 in a file and handed it over to me.

Next inside the consulate in one counter someone checked my passport , canada visitor visa , 797. Strange thing is they did not ask for photo. I advise is to carry 10$ CAD cash , I saw few guys asking for change coz if the picture has some shadow they will ask you to take picture from the picture booth.

Next she wrote PIMS OK on 797 and asked me to go for finger printing and gave me token no.

After almost 1 hour my turn came. VO Officer did not even look at me .She asked

Which company are you working with

What is the company into

What is your role

How long are you working with this company

When did you come to US first?

I told her my gc is under processing , she did not knew GC term she mentioned we call it permanent residency here . She asked for my i-140 copy , which I gave it to her.

She said I'm going to cancel your existing visa, your visa is approved , you will get it in 3-5 business days. (My H1B visa was valid until September 30).

All this time she was continuously typing on her system. I waited for her to see if she hands over any white slip. I asked her am i good to go . She said yes.

Thanks sgeovar.

My Interview time was at 9.am. I reached consulate at 8.30 , one person outside the consulate checked the appointment and asked me if I have any keys, phone or anything. I said no and he did let me in. Next was security , after security in line there was one person who checked 797 and passport . He said I would not need any other paper for now and can keep rest everything separately. Then a 3rd person validated the appointment time with DS160 confirmation page and kept my passport , appointment letter and 797 in a file and handed it over to me.

Next inside the consulate in one counter someone checked my passport , canada visitor visa , 797. Strange thing is they did not ask for photo. I advise is to carry 10$ CAD cash , I saw few guys asking for change coz if the picture has some shadow they will ask you to take picture from the picture booth.

Next she wrote PIMS OK on 797 and asked me to go for finger printing and gave me token no.

What is the company into

What is your role

I told her my gc is under processing , she did not knew GC term she mentioned we call it permanent residency here . She asked for my i-140 copy , which I gave it to her.

She said I'm going to cancel your existing visa, your visa is approved , you will get it in 3-5 business days. (My H1B visa was valid until September 30).

All this time she was continuously typing on her system. I waited for her to see if she hands over any white slip. I asked her am i good to go . She said yes.

Congrats and thank you for posting the questions. Is it your first stamping?

Thanks sgeovar.

What is the company into

What is your role

Hi nikki2011,

Thanks a lot  for your detailed report on visa interview. It'll be very helpful to others. Once again, congrajulations.

Archived