I-130, I-485, I-864 & I-765 pending- H1B About to Expire

dsup56

I have recently filed I-130, I-485, I-864 & I-765 from my wife for GC, I-485 & I-765 are pending. Biometric test for I-485 & I-765 were done few weeks back. ? I am under H1B and it is going to expire at the end of this month. If I don’t get my EAD by end of the month, will I be authorized to work legally from next month? I called USCIS helpline they said, biometric done stamped letter is valid for work & license renewal for one year….i went to multiple sites to validate but couldn’t validate this information. Please help me to understand if I would be able to work after expiry of H1B in the given situation and where could I find this information in USCIS page?

Thanks

dsup56

I have never heard that bio metric done is valid for work and stay and DL renewal for a year. Please don't fall to this. You must have EAD in hand to work or H1b extension filed before current H1b petition expiration to work beyond end of this month. At this crucial juncture in your GC journey, please take appropriate steps, consult a good immigration lawyer. Best of luck!

If you don't get your EAD before H1 expiration, you will not be authorized to work. You can take an unpaid leave or try to just wing it. You are covered for 180 days of unauthorized work. Your employer may get into trouble if they "knowingly employ you without authorization". That's unlikely, though.

Archived