All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jigargaglani

Can H1B holder be a joint sponsor in I-864

Hello,

Can a H1B holder/Non-Immigrant be a joint sponsor on I-864 along with the principle petitioner for an intending immigrant ?

Thanks

H1 holder cannot sponsor any kind of US immigration visa. H1 holder is a guest worker, means he will be leaving US at one time.

The above answer is incorrect.

H1B holder (beneficiary) can use his/her income to supplement wife/husband's income to meet minimum poverty guidelines. Clearly highlighted in the I-864 instructions 

so in short, Yes .. H1B holder can use his/her income on I-864. Will need proof that the h1b holder will continue to receive this income even after the Green Card is approved though

The above answer is incorrect.

H1B holder (beneficiary) can use his/her income to supplement wife/husband's income to meet minimum poverty guidelines. Clearly highlighted in the I-864 instructions 

For a spouse, yes. But the OP didn't specify what it was for, so the general answer is no, except in very specific circumstances.

For a spouse, yes. But the OP didn't specify what it was for, so the general answer is no, except in very specific circumstances.

Yupp. I could have been more specific. Marriage based GC (US Citizen), H1B holder would be able to use his/her income to supplement sponsor's income to meet minimum income limits

Thank you for your replies.

My question was not related for my spouse. My aunt had done a family based GC for my parents.

So being a petitioner she is the main sponsor but along with that can I being on H1B visa be a joint sponsor with my aunt ?

Thank you for your replies.

My question was not related for my spouse. My aunt had done a family based GC for my parents.

So being a petitioner she is the main sponsor but along with that can I being on H1B visa be a joint sponsor with my aunt ?

No, that's not possible in the scenario you described.