OTTAWA H1B approved today in Canada September 08, 2014

Thank you many people who posted their past experience.

I got the H1 visa approved in Ottawa, CA today.

Looks it was, and many people are being issued visa just like that.

I had visa refusal in 2010, and latter come to US on L1, then moved to H1, and have been on H1 for past 2 and half years, on EVC model (Employer, Vendor and Client Model)

VO asked about the refusal if had in the past i said Yes.

and why did move from L1 to H1.

then he said, its approved.

No other documents were being asked.

ONLY I-797, Passport, DS - 160

and petition my employer filed for my h1b which has I-129, Employer letter to embassy, and LCA.

Hope it helps to all

Warm Regards!

Madhu

Hi, in the port of entry three typical questions being asked, which i have observed:

Which city you are going?

What you do there in that city?
What is your purpose of trip.

They give one form to fill out in the flight, where you fill your details and number of days you are going to stay.

and what visa you are coming to Canada, and they will verify your visa in the Passport.

I read few non favour review on the forum about Car travel, so, i piced flight.

Hope it helps.

Hello RP1979, Not yet, still waiting for the Passport. thinking its already been two days :(

Same here.:(

On CEAC Visa Application Status page, it shows Ready with following message.

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days."

Please update if you see the changes and I will also do the same.

Thanks.

Thanks  17112010 canada POE information

RP1979   and 17112010,

i had my interview today @10 AM at ottawa. it went through well.  Interviewer has kept our  pp and returned back our I-797 and said your pp will be returned back in 2 to 5 business days.

in your case also, have you received your I-797 back.

please keep us posted on your PP pickup date and time. 

--kk

Thanks  17112010 canada POE information

RP1979   and 17112010,

i had my interview today @10 AM at ottawa. it went through well.  Interviewer has kept our  pp and returned back our I-797 and said your pp will be returned back in 2 to 5 business days.

in your case also, have you received your I-797 back.

please keep us posted on your PP pickup date and time. 

--kk

Hi KK,

Same as your case. VO has kept the passports and returned back the I-797 with check your document's status paper back with circled usvisa-info link to check the passport status.

KK, 17112010

Did you check the status here : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Thanks.

RP1979,

i checked the status https://ceac.state.g...eRYzCYubaSQI RA==

it shows its in admin processing.

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks, or longer. As explained on the day of your interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment."

This message i am not able see in https://usvisa-info.com/en-ca/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

looks like i have to stay more than i expected.  could you please share the email id of ottawa consulate to check the status if you have.

Reply to the email written to the email id given in the white slip:

Dear Applicant,

The document status information only appears once your personal documents have been returned by the Embassy or Consulate for shipment to your designated location. If you have previously applied, the old information will still show until the new visa is turned over for delivery.

We are not consular officers and as the time it takes to adjudicate an applicant's case is at the sole discretion of the consular section we cannot provide you any information regarding when your personal documents will be turned over to courier.

The average wait time is 5-7 business days which does not include weekends or US or national holidays. Please note that this is only an average and not a guarantee as all applications are unique.

We would advise you to keep checking your applicant summary page or use the CEAC Status Check webpage at https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx to check the status of your application.

Please note: An Issued notification on the CEAC Status website does not indicate that the visa has been printed or that the document has been turned over to the courier only that the adjudication is completed and that there is final processing. It may take several business days after the Issued status for the passport to be turned over.

Thank you,

Hi Guys

I also had H stamping interview on September 9th @ 10:30 A.M. I checked my status as it gets updated after 48 hrs my CEAC status tracker says "Ready" and Loomis did not give any updates on Waybill number yet. Its not even in Admin processing or issued though my visa is approved. Appreciate if you could share your latest inputs. Looks like I have to stay through the weekend.

Thanks

Hi Guys

I also had H stamping interview on September 9th @ 10:30 A.M. I checked my status as it gets updated after 48 hrs my CEAC status tracker says "Ready" and Loomis did not give any updates on Waybill number yet. Its not even in Admin processing or issued though my visa is approved. Appreciate if you could share your latest inputs. Looks like I have to stay through the weekend.

Thanks

Hi SC1981,

I am also having the same problem. My status is still Ready this morning. Did you get any update in your status on CEAC site from Ready to AP?

Hi RP1979

My status still says "READY". I gave up for this Friday. I am making plans to stay here for next week.

Thanks

SC1981

Did you have the PIMS update issue? Our cases are not updated since the interview dates. We will have to wait until it shows AP status and update the time stamp.

Hi Guys 

I just got an email from Ottawa consulate that my visa is approved and it will be issued to Loomis on Monday Sept. 15th. My advice if you are unable to track the status from CEAC website send an email to Ottawa - CONS <OttawaCONS@state.gov>

Thanks

SC1981

Hi SC1981,

Congratulations!!!

My status has been changed on CEAC site to AP.

I have not received any email from consulate yet.

Thanks.

Hi Guys 

I just got an email from Ottawa consulate that my visa is approved and it will be issued to Loomis on Monday Sept. 15th. My advice if you are unable to track the status from CEAC website send an email to Ottawa - CONS <OttawaCONS@state.gov>

Thanks

SC1981

What is your CEAC status. Issued or AP?

Archived