Is anyone in this condition? with this status message? please help / explain

immidoubts

Hi, 

I am EB2-I with PD-Nov-2008 and RD-Jan-2012. 
I was interviewed in Newark, NJ field office in 2012 September-2012 and since then, I was in "Initial Review" 
After almost two years of silence, on June-27-2014, my status is still in "Initial Review", but the message changed to: 

"Initial Review 

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283." 

Please let me know what it means as the wait is killing me.

I am no expert but I guess that means they took up your case to process since the EB2 is current for your PD ..October bulleting came out to be )1 May 2009 for EB2 ..so assuming you have another  20 days this month and 30 days in October 50 days total until they can adjudicate you case ..if no issues you may see approval..

you can call USCIS and check..some officers (level 2 ) can answer your question.

The attorney should follow up with TSC about the case. With the change in policy about medicals, the  I-485s can not be approved if the medical exam is a year + old, as it would be in this case.

Thus, the USCIS issued RFEs for cases with current/almost current PDs to ask for medicals and other updated infromation.

If no such RFE was received, it seems like something may have slipped in the system.

Archived