H1B transfer - India travel

anitk

I came to US through company A with visa stamping from company A and then i changed to company B.

I have a couple of questions.

1. If I travel to India now,  Is it a must that I should come back to US with Visa stamping through company B. My Visa(company A) is valid till July 2015.and  I797 (company B) is valid till Feb 2015.

2.In company B, there was some project uncertainty so I approached another company C and they initiated H1B through premium process and  receipt no also received. The company C is now setting some demands and asking if I am willing to join? 

Please advice me in this situation is it advisable to take a India trip. 

If I travel after my H1B is transferred to company C, will it be an issue during Stamping in India with company B petition and at the Port of Entry in USA?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Thanks for your response.

I just got my H1B petition from Company C approved. 

Is travelling to India advisable now .Will there be any issues at the stamping or at the Port of entry . Which I797 should I carry now?

I797 of whichever employer you are planning to work for on your return to US.

Hi Preethi1234,

My husband had similar situation last year and he had issue while visa stamping but VO finally gave him visa. In your case, you don't have to go for stamping but make sure you carry all your I797s and at POE only show Company C I797.

In future, if you travel after July 2015, ideally Embassy doesn't like that we don't carry all visa stamps of all changed employers but at End Of the day, they issue you stamp based on your company C documents.

But this time no issues, just show Company C I797.

Archived