work visa for foreign nurse

SSK5

I am aforeign nurse from India. I have done diploma in nursing and had 10 years of work experience in India. Currently i am in Texas on H4 visa. I got my RN license from Texas Board of nursing. How should i get visa to work? I am contacting many employers,but no use. It is very frustating......Any suggestion would be greatful..

I would suggest first discussing the matter with an Immigration firm maybe the firm of Murthy or any of your choice. You have a choice of H1 or EB3. Strange but true that there is a shortage of nurses in the country. Maybe consider a higher Degree in Nursing and seeing what happens in the future. In the past there was fast tracking for nurses for a few years. The higher degree will also help you network with people who can get you a job. Best of luck.

I am aforeign nurse from India. I have done diploma in nursing and had 10 years of work experience in India. Currently i am in Texas on H4 visa. I got my RN license from Texas Board of nursing. How should i get visa to work? I am contacting many employers,but no use. It is very frustating......Any suggestion would be greatful..

Is your diploma equivalent to 2 year degree (Associates) or Bachelor's? If it's a 2 year degree, universities in Texas do have RN-BSN (check for UT Arlington) program designed for students who has 2 year degree and in need of a Bachelor's degree. 

You may apply for RN-BSN program, convert H4 to F1 and complete the program. You would be eligible for OPT after completion of the degree and with your experience, finding a job should not be an issue. 

Good luck. 

Archived