GC with future employer + H1 transfer around end of 6th Year

odeals7

Hi

My Future employer has filed PERM and it should get approved soon. I have around 2 months left for my H1 completion. Can I do a H1 transfer to the new employer and get a 1 year extension with the approved PERM? Or is it a must that I have to get my I140 approved and then apply for a transfer? As I am not yet part of the new employer, will my i140 be a challenge?

Any help on this scenario is much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards

Thanks for responses all! Can i file I140 working with current employer? I have heard I will have to provide proof of my experience along with I140 which I might not be able to provide as I am still working with my first and only employer. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks

Thanks for responses all! Can i file I140 working with current employer? I have heard I will have to provide proof of my experience along with I140 which I might not be able to provide as I am still working with my first and only employer. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks

Current employer has to start from scratch and not directly from I-140.

Thanks

Yes, you can. Your employer has to do that.

Thank you! Sorry all... my question I think was little bit misleading..what I meant was that can my future employer who has my perm apply for I140 and then do a h1 transfer? And for i140 is there any need for any kind of experience documentation from my previous employer talking about experience..

Thank you! Sorry all... my question I think was little bit misleading..what I meant was that can my future employer who has my perm apply for I140 and then do a h1 transfer? And for i140 is there any need for any kind of experience documentation from my previous employer talking about experience..

Yes you can do that.  Just get an exp letter.

Yes, with an I-140 approved your future employer can file for H1B extension. You need to get an experience letter from previous employers.

Archived