H1B Visa Refused -Handed Over White Form 221(g) at Hyderabad consulate

ppkshitiz

Hi All,
Want to share my experience at Hyderabad Consulate for H1B Stamping on 20th-AUG-2014

Interview:
Called at Counter No:16 ( A very rude lady by her voice)

VO: Good Morning Sir
Me: Good Morning

VO: Why are you going to US
Me: For Work

VO: Whats your employer name
Me: Answered

VO: Which city /state your employer belongs to?

VO: Which Client you will be working for?

VO: What would be your role

VO: What work you will be doing?

VO: You don't have any idea what you will be doing there
Me: I am aware what i will doing . Again explained

VO: No you don't have any idea. Your employer doesn't have good reputation.
Me: Answered (Its a small company with 70+ employee)

VO: How much your employer paying you ?

VO: Only XXXXXX USD ? Its very less amount.
Me: Explained (tried to defend telling its an average salary)

VO: Can you hand me over your employers document?
Me: I handed over everything (including W2)

VO: We need to cross verify things from our end. Please wait in the lobby
Me: OK. Thank you

Then the wait started. They called me at around 11:40 AM ( this time different counter- Indian lady at the counter).
She handed me the white slip which mentioned "your application needs additional admin processing before a final decision can be made". At the bottom of the slip under Others its written "hydfpu@state.gov"
Along with the slip she also returned back the passport.

She said they will get back to me after verification from their end.She did not mention any specific time
Indian lady was very polite though.

When i check the case status on https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ - it says "REFUSED"

Do I have hope or its all over.

Can someone please share their experiences

I ran into similar situation this month, 

finger prints : 8-Aug

Intrw Date : 11-Aug @ Hyd

VO asked me to wait at lobby and kept my passport with her, after a while different lady called me at another counter where i received White slip asking for latest paystub and Hire letter with Compensation break up, handed over then there.

Aug-26 case got updated to Issued. 

Aug-27th received my passport.

Hope for the best!! 

Thank you all for your response.

I know its a small company but i have submitted every single document that they can ask for. So document wise I don't see an GAP there. Also the company is not a fraud as few of my friends are working for long time there.

Last week, I again got a call from consulate and they asked me to appear for re-interview.

I appeared for it and it went for one hour asking all details.

This time they kept my passport and said they need some verification to be done from their end and they will get back to me in few days time.

Not sure what next.

Note: I have been to US twice before on Business visa.

• 4 weeks later...

Few things

Do they kept your passport ?

As I know admin process will take 3-6 weeks.

Plz call to visa help desk they give provide you accurate information.

Yes Rajuvist,

They kept my passport after second interview. But I am yet to get any update from the consulate after second round of interview. Its over one month since second round of interview happened.

Visa help desk is of no use for status of H1B stamping. They simply say, i have to wait till a decision is taken.

Thanks,

Piyush

Did you have your client letter during the time of interview ?  Did the VO ask for it? 

Yes Usha,

I had the client letter and VO did ask for it.

Infact i had all document which VO could have asked for but no luck.

Now ~6 weeks is over but no updates from consulate. My passport still with them

Not sure what next

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi visa hunter,

I'm in the same boat , this I week I had interview I was issued with the whites lip saying need administrative processing.

Please let me know you status.

Thanks,

Naresh

Hello Naresh,

There is no status change on USCIS website. It still says REFUSED which was last updated on 20th-AUG

Ironically, the consulate has not sent the petition back to USCIS till now nor i have received any refusal mail.

Though I have given up hope and busy with my work, but certainly i would like to get the refusal mail so that my employer can take next action.

I am really have no-idea whats the process they are following to send back the petition to USCIS. Its 3 months Over now for me.

Thanks,

If you had a full time employment, then you wouldn't be in this situation now.

Hello Rahul,

Need some insight.

SInce the visa status is in refused state on USCIS website since 20th-AUG and no mails has been sent back to my employer/client for any verification, what can i make out from this.

Though i have lost hope but i was expecting refusal mail under 214b

Can you please suggest.

Thanks,

Hello Rahul,

Need some insight.

SInce the visa status is in refused state on USCIS website since 20th-AUG and no mails has been sent back to my employer/client for any verification, what can i make out from this.

Can you please suggest.

Thanks,

Forget about this petition and start looking for new employer.

OP has mentioned that passport was returned. It was a quick administrative processing and a quick refusal to approve visa.

Hello Jairichi,

Need some insight.

Can you please suggest.

One of the advanced member in the forum has suggested to forget about this petition and look for a new employer

If this is the case and If i happen to find a new employer, would the new employer be able to file the petiyion under CAP exemption or it would require a new H1B filing altogather.

Thanks in Advance

Thanks,

Archived