EB2 Priority date current - any actions required?

dramakr

Due to recent movement of EB2 to May 2009, looks like I am eligible (PD: March 2009) and currently am working on EAD status

Do I need to take any action or apply anything or just wait for GC to turn to my house?

Also should I keep any travel plans on hold till I get my GC?

Thanks

Due to recent movement of EB2 to May 2009, looks like I am eligible (PD: March 2009) and currently am working on EAD status

Do I need to take any action or apply anything or just wait for GC to turn to my house?

Also should I keep any travel plans on hold till I get my GC?

Thanks

What is your I-485 application receipt date? Did you recently receive any RFE for medical or otherwise?

Any chance I might not get GC this time due to planned retrogression?

There are many PDs earlier than that. But since your date is current and they are approving randomly even later PDs you have a chance. But I would not  say high chance. It also depends on your service center. NSC is approving Jan 2009 cases already while TSC is slow and still at the Aug 2008 level. It depends how much spill over visas they have left by the time they start processing Mar 2009 cases. But I wonder why they haven't sent RFE to you yet. Because medicals are expired after one year. They might still send you this month or next month.

My 485 receipt date might be in March 2012 when they opened the flood-gates last time. No RFE's as of now.

My PD is Jan 2009 and I received RFE for both wife and I with regards to renewing I-693 (Medical Exams). I too like you had filed for my I-485 in Feb 2012 which also means the Medical exams were from that time. I received my RFE for that in June and we never got my wife's in the mail. I checked the 485 LIN# on the case status search and it mentioned her's was sent too. I received it via my attorney as well through USCIS much later after I opened a service request. Long story short, check the LIN# on your 2012 485 receipt and make sure it says they have not sent you an RFE and not necessarily assume it was not drawn just because there was no mail like in my wife's case. If there isn't anything, then you just wait and pray. Good Luck to you.

I checked the receipt number and this is what is being mentioned in USCIS. Not sure if i have to contact them

On December 2, 2013, we transferred this case to your USCIS local field office for additional processing. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

Any ideas?

As omshiv said above, you can only wait and check your mail box everyday and also check status with the LIN# regularly. I have created a login account on USCIS and tagged my LIN# there with an option to send me an email or text anytime there is change to status. it works pretty well. Address the contingency where you might not receive any postal mail like in my example but online status will reflect the current status.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived