How to start I-140 Application

Clark_SG

Im working in Singapore with a US base company. Does my company can apply for my I-140 even Im working here in Singapore, since my salary coming directly from US and my contract signed with our HQ and not in Singapore. Meaning Im consider as US employee, right?.

Please advice what should I need to ask with my employer or documents that need to prepare.

thanks!

Im working in Singapore with a US base company. Does my company can apply for my I-140 even Im working here in Singapore, since my salary coming directly from US and my contract signed with our HQ and not in Singapore. Meaning Im consider as US employee, right?.

Please advice what should I need to ask with my employer or documents that need to prepare.

thanks!

I140 is for future employment (GC). It doesn't matter what's your current status or where you work now.

A GC is for a fulltime job in the US.

The company would have to get a labor certification, known as PERM, done, before an I-140 can be filed.

If the company doesn't know the process, they should consult with a good immigration lawyer.

Archived