221g London

phani43

Hello Friends,

Today I attended my first time H1 visa interview at London 10 Am slot. After Biometric they called me interview at 11 

• V.0 : who is your employer ? Answered
  • V 0 : can i see your I-797 B -- given
  • V 0:  can I see your LCA, Tax Return - given
  • V.0 : where it is located and asked about client --Answered
  • V.0:  Give me all the documents what you had --given
  • V.0:  will call you back, go back to seating area

At 3pm called my token number

V.0:  place your right hand fore fingers on scanner -- done

I observed a note on top of my documents --Supervisor verified and two tick marks

V.0:    who is your employer - answered

V.0 :   what level of study you did ?? Level 7 masters 

V 0 :   masters on ??    MBA

V.0:    Bachelors in India or UK ??  India Answered

V.0 :   how long you been here ?? 5 years answered ( student + pws work visa)

V.0:    where your employer located ?? Answered

V.0 :   so where will you been working ?? Client location answered

V.0 :   again question where ?? answered he was struggling to find the name of client

so given my Client letter

Typing on his computer something for 1 minute ,written down some thing on his sheet, given 221g white letter and said will be contact you shortly.

Can any one suggest me when they will contact me and what will be the next step, and more over my Uk visa running out (16th Aug 2014)

Regards,

Phani43

hi phani. My wife went to toronto for F1 visa processing recently and was given yellow 221G. But she had a valid H4 visa so we asked the consular if they would give us our passport back and they gave it back. So she came back to USA and waited while admin processing was being done. So if you have a valid visa then email the consulate. Even otherwise email them and let them know that your UK visa is expiring on 16th, so ask them to hurry up. Admin processing time varies from case to case, also the color of your form indicates the severity .... not sure about white. I have seen some cases take 2-4 weeks for us it took 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

hi phani. My wife went to toronto for F1 visa processing recently and was given yellow 221G. But she had a valid H4 visa so we asked the consular if they would give us our passport back and they gave it back. So she came back to USA and waited while admin processing was being done. So if you have a valid visa then email the consulate. Even otherwise email them and let them know that your UK visa is expiring on 16th, so ask them to hurry up. Admin processing time varies from case to case, also the color of your form indicates the severity .... not sure about white. I have seen some cases take 2-4 weeks for us it took 6 weeks. Hope this helps.

Thank you rahul, got valid visa to stay and  still waiting from them  

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I attended my H1B visa renewal interview (full-time employee since last 5 years) on August 28th 2014, and was given 221g , with no specific reason (but i guess its TAL) and was asked to respond to email. I received email on the same day , asking for filling out questionnaire , full cvs, research publications, itinerary, degree certificates and transcripts. Since then i was weekly sending email to consulate (at 

'support@ustraveldocs.com') and was getting standard reply saying that "..your case is under administrative processing" . As of today, this is my 6th week in waiting in frustration. Also, this week , I stopped receiving any response from the consulate , i usually get response back within 24 hours, but it has been 4 days since i sent an email asking for the status, but no response.

Does anyone think, it is a bad sign or indication that consulate gave up on my case ? Please share your insights as it is really frustrating to wait without any indication of progress status .

Thanks

Sai

Archived