Can I Apply H4 (Dependent visa) for my wife with my H1B approved petition when i am in India

KavsH4

Hello,

I have a question regarding the H4 visa.

Now I am in india and working for India company 'A'. US company 'B' sponsered H1B Visa for me and the visa got approved. Received the H1B(I-797) approved petition from US Company 'B' and need to schedule interview in hyderabad consulate for my H1B stamping. 

My plan is to take my family while travelling to US on my H1B visa. Please clarify the below questions.

My kid is already US citizen, so i just need to apply H4 for my wife to travel US along with my family.

1. At this time, Is it possible to apply H4 (Dependent visa) for my wife with my H1B approved petition (Before my H1B stamping)? Like without a copy of my H1B stamp can she go to attend the interview and get her H4 done. 

2. Otherwise do i need to wait until my H1B visa stamping done, then schedule H4 interview for my wife? 

Is there any risk of approval for H4 with the above options? as I am in India  now.

It would be really helpful if any of you could answer my question , it definitely helps to plan accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

JD.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can. It is better for you to take appointment for you and your wife together. 

Thank you so much for your response.

Could you please let me the procedure to apply H4 visa for my wife?

As you suggested to take appointment for me and wife together, do i need to select the same date and time while scheduling the appointment for both of us? or is there any option to schedule appointment for both of us?

Do we need to go for interview together at a time? Is there any risk of approval to go for interview together?

Please suggest on above.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

JD.

Thank you so much for your response.

Could you please let me the procedure to apply H4 visa for my wife?

As you suggested to take appointment for me and wife together, do i need to select the same date and time while scheduling the appointment for both of us? or is there any option to schedule appointment for both of us?

Do we need to go for interview together at a time? Is there any risk of approval to go for interview together?

Please suggest on above.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

JD.

The procedure is the same like you schedule H1B visa interview. You can add your wife to your visa appointment. No risk at all.

• 2 weeks later...

The procedure is the same like you schedule H1B visa interview. You can add your wife to your visa appointment. No risk at all.

Thank you so much for your reply.

As you suggested I am planning to do as below. Please suggest whether I am doing right or not.

For my wife (H4),

1. I will submit DS-160

2. I will pay the fees

For Me (H1),

1. I will submit DS-160

2. I will pay the fees (I am planning to pay the fees at bank. Do we have the option to pay the fee for both (Me and wife) at a time?)

3. I will schedule the biometrics and visa appointment for me and my wife using my ds-160 and payment reference details. While scheduling appointment, I will add my wife details as dependent. So do i need to provide my wife details (like DS-160 and payment reference number) while scheduling the appointment for both.

Also please clarify the below one more question regarding my kid.

I have 1.5 years old kid, who born in US and having the US birth certificate and US passport. As he is already US citizen and having valid Indian visa, I am not going to apply any visa for him.

My question is, do I need to mention his details while adding dependent details in DS-160 and payment details?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help in responding to my queries.

Thanks & Regards,

JD
  • 4 months later...

Hi JD and kavsH4,

I am currently in the same situation like you mentioned in the above. I have my I 797 B approval copy without I94. Can I take my dependents - spouse and kid (US citizen) along with me for visa interview?.Please suggest me the procedure and forms need to be filled for visa interview for myself and my wife.

Please respond ..

Waiting for ur reply

Thanks in advance

Pally

Hi JD and kavsH4,

I am currently in the same situation like you mentioned in the above. I have my I 797 B approval copy without I94. Can I take my dependents - spouse and kid (US citizen) along with me for visa interview?.Please suggest me the procedure and forms need to be filled for visa interview for myself and my wife.

Please respond ..

Waiting for ur reply

Thanks in advance

Pally

Fill form DS160 and after getting confirmation number pay required visa application fee at bank. Using that receipt number book appointment for biometrics and visa interview. All this information is available online if you look at US consulate website.

Archived