h1b promotion and GC

vamsi67

Hi ,

I am working as software developer IV  and has my  h1b and perm filed the same. I got my perm approved and they are filing the 140 now.Now my company is planning to promote me as software development manager at a different location of our company in the same state. Does this effect my gc ? Do they need to file amendments to my h1b ? What needs to be done for change of location?

Thanks

Hi ,

I am working as software developer IV and has my h1b and perm filed the same. I got my perm approved and they are filing the 140 now.Now my company is planning to promote me as software development manager at a different location of our company in the same state. Does this effect my gc ? Do they need to file amendments to my h1b ? What needs to be done for change of location?

Thanks

2 things to consider.

Location depends if it's within the same metropolitan/geographical area for PWD purposes and also if the job is 50% different or not. Say you are moving from One corner of Dallas to another and it's considered same, but moving from Dallas to Houston will invoke new PERM due to PWD differences and recruitment.

If answer to both questions are NO, then you don't need another PERM.

Archived