H1 Visa Approved @Vancouver on JUly 21st, 2014, but still waiting for passport pickup

kris0485

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone,

Another update: My status was showing 'Ready' (as in Ready for Interview, finger printing) in the CEAC website from July 24th (interview date) and i emailed Vancouver consulate yesterday (30th, this was my 2nd email to them explaining my situation) and today morning (31st) i got an email stating that Visa is approved and i can pick up my passport from the consulate directly to save time. 

thanks!

Hi Kittusunny,

yes, you go to the us consulate (downtown) and show them the email which says you can pick up your passport (there is a passport number for reference) and the greeters have the passport right there, you dont even have to go to 20th floor. Please email them and explain your situation. 

Good luck!

yes, in Vancouver ..as far as I know people attended on july 21st  didn't receive passports yet....but later dates attended ones received....at least good sign...

waiting for our turn....

Hi Kris 

Have you guys received the passport yet - folks who attended on 21st July. I saw your post stating folks who attended after 21st July in Vancouver - some of them received their passport. 

Hi Kris 

Have you guys received the passport yet - folks who attended on 21st July. I saw your post stating folks who attended after 21st July in Vancouver - some of them received their passport. 

HI Swatina,

Yes, My wife (F1) & me (H1 extension) received passport on Friday itself, and I directly went to consulate to pick it up in the morning hours (11 AM, where my status got changed to issued at 9:15 AM on same day). Since I have some emergency travel, I was allowed to consulate office (20th flr) and collected our passports.

But few people attended on 21st still didn't receive...hoping they would have got some update today..

Updates from Travel.state.gov website -

Consular Consolidated Database: Updates on Operational Status

We have made significant progress and issued most of the worldwide backlog of nonimmigrant visa cases. We are working to bring the Consular Consolidated Database back to full operational capacity. We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases.  We are printing visas for these cases with very few delays. We are aware of a small number of visa cases still in process because of system performance issues. We are working diligently to clear those cases. Visa applicants are advised they might still experience delays of up to one week in addition to normal processing times. Applicants should take this into consideration when making travel plans. Please check with the embassy or consulate where you will apply for additional information. Please see our FAQs for more information.

Archived