H1 Visa Approved @Vancouver on JUly 21st, 2014, but still waiting for passport pickup

kris0485

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent a email calgary consulate as i have appt on Aug 1st.

This is the reply that i got.

Good morning,

Unfortunately, they are still working on fix for the system error.  We advise that you still come in for your interview, but please expect delays in the return of your passport.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Non-Immigrant Visa Section

U.S. Consulate – Calgary

Suite 1000 – 615 Macleod Trail SE

Calgary, AB T2G 4T8

/m

Hi rfe2011, Can you please update ur status in here? like about the interview and if you are waiting for passport or if you got ur passport?

Hi all,

The Department of State continues to work to restore our visa system to full functionality. We anticipate it will take weeks to resume full visa processing capacity. We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, including adoption cases. So far, we have been able to issue most cases with few delays.

Hello,

I and my wife are in same situation. We attended our interview on 21st July in Ottawa and no update since my interview.

I contacted the embassy everyday and for different queries I asked there was a standard reply "We regret for the inconvenience and apologies for delays" but there is no ETA.

People who got their status changed in CEAC, can you tell us on what approx time it changed to issued.

Thanks,

Susheel

Hi,

Any one who attended interview on July 28th in Vancouver and have received their passports. please let me know. 

My status is still "Administrative Processing", i had planned to fly back to sfo this evening but am stuck...the place is costly too....any ideas or alternatives...plz do let me know.

~Ram

Latest update.

The CCD is still performing below its normal operational capacity. However, to give you an idea of the progress we have made, from the start of the operational issues on July 20 through July 28, we issued more than 220,000 nonimmigrant visas globally. Based on our average production figures, we would have anticipated issuing closer to 425,000 nonimmigrant visas in that time period, indicating we have been able to print nonimmigrant visas for about half of all approved travelers. It will take some weeks before we are back to normal turnaround times on issued visas. We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases with very few delays. Please see our FAQs for further information.

@ram_1681

Dude..we've been waiting here in Vancouver since July 21st...considering our hardship yours is nothing...please be prepared to wait at least 2-3 weeks....man up and face the situation bravely....everyone is going through the same....enjoy your stay and hope for the best....

Archived