H1 Visa Approved @Vancouver on JUly 21st, 2014, but still waiting for passport pickup

kris0485

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks, 

I had an F1 visa interview on 23rd July at 9 30AM. It was a 3 minute interview focused on I20, Financial docs and my husband's employment details in the US. (I currently hold a valid H4 visa). 

The VO said my visa was approved and I would receive it in 3-5 business days. 

I haven't received any notification on my waybill number and the CEAC website has been showing admin processing since 23rd. I have my return tickets booked for tonight but am stuck in Vancouver without my passport. 

Just sharing my visa experience and will post an update if I hear anything from the Consulate or Loomis. 

@Mandy 

Hi, My wife went for F1 visa interview to new Delhi consulate  on 23 rd July at 8.00 am , like you she is converting from H4 to F1 and her visa interview was approved by the VO.  Her status also shows admin Processing. 

Lot of people are stuck here and there due to this technical glitch  I guess. I hope you will get reply soon , In India there is a holiday tomorrow so may be we are stuck for few more days . 

Hi folks,

I attended visa interview on July 21st 2014 at Vancouver counslate. My visa got approved and VO told to check loomis/CSC in 3 business days but I know that there's a glitch in system and now it resolved as shows in site. My current status is " Ready" in CEAC link as it shows if interview had done, check the visa status in 2 business days. But I see in this forum that most of you guys says admin processing. I guess due to system glitch in visa issuance system, so no one status is updated to "Issued". So I just like to check is any one status updated to "Issued"?

Latest update:

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to make progress restoring our nonimmigrant visa system to full functionality. Over the weekend, the Department of State implemented system changes aimed at optimizing performance and addressing the challenges we have faced. We are now testing our system capacity to ensure stability. Processing of immigrant visas cases, including adoptions, remains a high priority. Some Embassies and Consulates may temporarily limit or reschedule nonimmigrant visa interview appointments until more system resources become available to process these new applications. We sincerely regret the inconvenience to travelers, and are committed to resolving the problem as soon as possible. Additional updates will be posted to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available.

My wife & me attended on July 21st, haven;t received any update from consulate regarding passport return.  No updates in summary page and in other ceac site it shows admin processing with interview date as last updated.

As far as I know none received passports with visa prints who attended july 21st or later....

I got couple of emails from few folks, who attended in calgary, ottawa, kingston (jamaica), and same issue there too.

so far no luck in sending emails also to consulate, as simple reply is passport an be returned without stamping and need to submitted 2 days before go to US.

Hoping for the best....

Though it might be resolved this week, it might be delayed little in processing due to pending applications. So folks who are planning to attend NIV interviews at other than home country, think twice and plan well....GLTA....

Hello Everyone

No update in my status.

However, I did go to the Loomis Branch in Richmond yesterday and I was told that they generally receive 300 odd passports/day but that number had come down to almost zero over the past few days. The person also mentioned that they were scheduled/expecting approximately 70 odd passports late yesterday (I am not sure how much of it to believe or what to make of it). 

Anyway, I will update my status once I have any further update. 

Hi everyone,

Any updates about passport. I saw every ones messages,it's very hard to stay these many days. I am also in same situation..Accommodation also tough here..

We attend on July 23 rd... Still no change in site.......we are from seattle...we came with the family...

I saw this today morning ...

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs continues to make progress restoring our nonimmigrant visa system to full functionality. Over the weekend, the Department of State implemented system changes aimed at optimizing performance and addressing the challenges we have faced. We are now testing our system capacity to ensure stability. Processing of immigrant visas cases, including adoptions, remains a high priority. Some Embassies and Consulates may temporarily limit or reschedule nonimmigrant visa interview appointments until more system resources become available to process these new applications. We sincerely regret the inconvenience to travelers, and are committed to resolving the problem as soon as possible. Additional updates will be posted to travel.state.gov as more information becomes available.

Jyothi ...

Visa Stamping July 22nd 2014. Hyderabad

My visa interview completed on July 22nd; Visa interview was straight forward without any hiccups. VO said passport will be ready for pickup soon. 

There after,

July 23rd:  CEAC; "No Status"

July 24th:  CEAC; "Administrative Processing"

July 29th: CEAC; "Administrative Processing". I have emailed ustraveldocs.com asking about the status. A reply was sent out to me saying 221g and could take upto 120 days.

July 30th: CEAC, "Issued"

I know how it feels being in this situation. Please remain calm you will receive the status update shortly and passports this week or  early next.

I hope everyone would get their passports soon.

Hello all,

My wife submitted her passport for F1 visa stamping in Toronto on July 22nd. So far we her status has not changed in CEAC website. It shows as administrative processing. We have not heard anything from the LOOMIS either. I guess the situation in toronto is slightly different.

Toronto has stopped issuing visa appointments to Indian nationals applying from there. Infact she appeared for her visa interview on June 9th, and it was picked up for administrative processing. We requested the consulate to return her passport until her administrative processing is complete. Fortunately they agreed since she had a valid H4 visa to return to US. On July 17th she received an email from the consulate saying her administrative processing is complete and they she needs to submit her passport. She submitted her passport back to Loomis on July 21st and it was received by toronto consulate on 22nd. since then we have not heard anything.

My wife called Loomis and they mentioned they dont know anything about any system crash, nor have they seen a decline in the number of passports. I guess my explanation is probably the folks applying in toronto are mostly canadian nationals applying for H1B or F1 visas and that they are not affected by this system crash !!! Not sure.

Kris and others please add me to your email list. My email id is my murthy id followed by @gmail.com.

I sent a email calgary consulate as i have appt on Aug 1st.

This is the reply that i got.

Good morning,

Unfortunately, they are still working on fix for the system error.  We advise that you still come in for your interview, but please expect delays in the return of your passport.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Non-Immigrant Visa Section

U.S. Consulate – Calgary

Suite 1000 – 615 Macleod Trail SE

Calgary, AB T2G 4T8

/m

Archived