All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l1b_cos_h1b

Green Card with Future employment

I am working for employer A and employer B is willing to sponsor my green card based on future employment. I am in the 4th year of H1B and employer A is asking me to wait for another 1 year. I was wondering is it worth for me to ask employer B to start the GC.

Does anyone on this forum have experience with GC-future employment?

I would appreciate any inputs/thoughts. Is it good? Are there any issues? What are the pros and cons.

Thanks!!

No issues in there. Your employer B can surely sponsor your GC...also at the same time employer A can sponsor too.

Does anyone on this forum have experience with GC-future employment?

GC is for future employment.  All GC's are for future employment.

Thank you for the answers. I appreciate that.

I have one more question. Say employer B files a GC but employer A does not. What will happen when I reach the max 6 year limit and I am still employed with employer A.

What will be process then? Will employer A able to file for H1B extension? I need to inform employer A about B processing the GC?

That is confusing. Thanks for your answers.

Thank you for the answers. I appreciate that.

I have one more question. Say employer B files a GC but employer A does not. What will happen when I reach the max 6 year limit and I am still employed with employer A.

What will be process then? Will employer A able to file for H1B extension? I need to inform employer A about B processing the GC?

That is confusing. Thanks for your answers.

If your I-140 is approved with employer B based on that employer A can file for 3 year extension. If PERM or I-140 is pending for more than a year then A can file for 1 year extension.

No need to inform employers about other GC process.

If employer B's I-140 gets approved within 6 yrs H1b, then employer A can extend your H1B based on employer B's 140.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

So A can file extension based on B's I-140 approval. Do I need to share any documents of B with A for A to do file H1 extn beyond 6 years.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

So A can file extension based on B's I-140 approval. Do I need to share any documents of B with A for A to do file H1 extn beyond 6 years.

Yes, I-140 approval notice.