H1B Stamping in Jamaica - 221g Pink Slip to Visa Stamp

M_04_12_07

I have attended H1B stamping interview in Jamaica. There were around 28 people on the same day. Out of 28, 2 people have got 221g I am one among them and 2 was denied [From B1 to H1B].

Finger Print Session

When I entered the finger print session the lady officer asked my passport and checked for few min's in her system and asked me scan all the 10 finger and then informed me that my dates with I797 is not matching with the dates in there system for I129. So she took the copy of I129 from her system and attached along with the passport and informed me that I will pass this to VO officer and officer has to decided whether they can provide me an visa or not.

VO Officer Session

Now I was asked to wait for few min's and asked to stand in the Visa interview line. VO officer called me

Visa Interview Questions

1. Employer Name

2. Salary - Asked its inclusive of taxes

3. Married

4. How many kids and were they are staying

Then VO Officer provided me a pink slip along with the my passport and all other documents and said it will take normally 6 months to resolve.

Now I took the pink slip and all the documents and came out and called my employer and informed about the same. Before going into details on the next level I want to provide my background details.

I was in my H1 extension and when I got my extension [i797] they given me for 1 year and my attorney requested again for 3 years as the case was genuine. I got 3 years of extension [i797].

So from the above information my dates are not properly reflected in the embassy system and employer called attorney and they immediately mailed to uscis. Luckily uscis responded back within few minutes and they said it would be updated and it will 24 hours of time. Now I need to wait for date to be updated in embassy. Then uscis responded to my attorney next day my date has been updated, now with that email my lawyer mailed embassy, within few min's I got a reply mail from embassy that I need to come for another interview next day.

Second day I went to embassy the VO office did not asked me anything except one question. When I am flying back, I said want to fly on Friday so he asked me to collect the passport on the same day by 2:00 PM because next day was Friday [July 4th] which is long week end.

So it was cleared with 3 days of time from the day of interview.  VO Officers are really helpful and friendly.

The car driver "RIED"[whtsApp - 8764207102] was really helpful as I was looking for other option's to go to India, I have went to all embassy[German, UK and Canada] also spoke with Travel Agents [Total Travel Agent opposite to German Consulate ]. Some travel agent say that we can travel through Germany without transit visa but it’s not true I have checked with German consulate and they said without transit visa you can't travel to home country.

Note : Without Germany, UK or Canada transit visa it’s very difficult to travel back to home country. I gone up to Indian High Commission in Jamaica even they are helpless. So if you are planning to go for Jamaica Visa Interview I would suggest have a good back up plan. If you want to travel to India without any transit visa only one option is left is getting a ticket through Panama City, Amsterdam and India but the cost is $2800 per person.

So this is my experience and if you need any help you can message in the forum I can reply you.

Best of luck 

Regards

SK

Thank you for the detailed explanation of our visa interview and how you tackled after that. My only question for worst case scenario is, I see many flights connecting through USA to India. Can we not take that route? , its just connection right?.

Thank you in advance

Hi Chandra,

I did not got any Jamaica Visa. I tried for German Visitor Visa that too they said it will take 5 working days in Jamaica and need to give the passport to the German embassy.

I was hesitant to give my passport as my process in 221g, so i may get any time call from USA Embassy.

Thanks

-SK

• 4 weeks later...

SK - since you've been through this situation and as you've mentioned above that the only way you could find out was the route via Panama - Amsterdam - India. What according to you will be good back-up plan? I've Canadian Visiting Visa.

If possible, please email me - contact details available in my profile. I'll really appreciate your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Did you say that the other guy who got a 221g was denied his visa? I am interested in getting some more details about the success rate of COS (Change of Status) cases from B1 to H1B in Jamaica.

I appreciate your help in advance.

Abdul.

Make sure you have all the documents. Your H1 is not dependent on somebody's successful H1, you make sure that your case is genuine.

• 1 month later...

Hi SK_INDIA,

Today I attended Interview, They Issued 221(g) Pink slip, returned back passport also, saying- adminstration processing will take several weeks i think u cannot stay in Jamaica. It's better to go back to India and apply again.

Please let me know  what are the next steps to do ? If any1 has same situation

I don't know how they will contact me for additional documents since the ph number i gave will not work here in Jamaica

the only option is email.

I don't have Canada visit Visa. what are the other options to fly back to home country without having any visit visa. Do we need transit visa for Europe countries also?

Hi SK_INDIA,

Could you please provide your emial id/ph number

I Need your help, I got RFE & they gave my passport back.

here are my details:

*************@gmail.com

hI,

Can i have your email id?

Please update your id in your profile?

any body can not see from your post?

Archived