221g Yellow slip in Toronto July'14

rk683

My status updated to "Ready" today.

Congratulations Thiru. When you receive your passport it will have a date in the annotation section - clearance received or something like that. Could you post what the date is? It seems a bunch of people got clearance on 17th Jul. Just want to check if you're in that batch too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Friends,

I am also in same situation. The story goes like this

Visa Interview Date : July 11th , 2014 at US Consulate Montreal

Visa Status on today : Administrative Processing

I was given a white paper which says "Authorization to re-Apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa" selecting the option "Because of Administrative processing under section 221(g) of the immigration and Nationality Act(INA), we are unable to issue you a visa at this time".

VO took my passport and CV. I am a Faculty at Land Grant Public University in US.

Anything some suggests to do. Completed 6 weeks and waiting...

Hi AJCheck, 

I'm waiting here since June 11. Been 74 days now with no response. Got a yellow slip and was asked to send resume. Got no DUIs or any criminal record either. Just waiting for now..interview was at toronto consulate btw.

Hi stuckinTO,

I have a email address, can you share more about your back ground and job? Have you tried any helpline in US or here?

Sorry to hear for the delay. I submitted my passport yesterday. Awaiting confirmation for passport pickup.

Interview date: June 11th  - 221g yellow with batch number

Recieved email for resume: June 17th

Sent email to consulate : June 17th

Called DOS and consulate mulitple times - same status

Recieved clearance email -  July 17th

Dropped passport  -  July 22nd

Awaiting confirmation for pickup.

Hi Mkr@123,

Where can I find a phone number to call the consulate guys? My consulate is Montreal. Will appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends,

I am also in same situation. The story goes like this

Visa Interview Date : July 11th , 2014 at US Consulate Montreal

Visa Status on today : Administrative Processing

I was given a white paper which says "Authorization to re-Apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa" selecting the option "Because of Administrative processing under section 221(g) of the immigration and Nationality Act(INA), we are unable to issue you a visa at this time".

VO took my passport and CV. I am a Faculty at Land Grant Public University in US.

Anything some suggests to do. Completed 6 weeks and waiting...

Hi AJCheck,

Could you please post the questions asked ?

Thanks

Archived