221g Yellow slip in Toronto July'14

rk683

I appeared for my 2'nd H1B stamping in Toronto on the 2'nd of July and was given a yellow slip with batchnumber on it. The VO said it would take a month for the admin processing to be completed. I was asked to provide a Resume which I did the next day. Unfortunately due to the long weekend, I don't expect to hear anything except for the automated response. 

Anyone in the same boat? 

Guys! Sorry about posting and then not replying! For whatever reason, I never saw my post appear in my profile or on the forums. Found this by following my profile visitors. 

Nilzz - I sent you an email as well. Congratulations on getting your visa. How long did you have to wait? Did you also have the yellow slip with  batch # on it? 

StuckinTO - I'm so sorry to hear it's been a month for you! did they give you yellow slip with  batch #? Did they mention a timeline? In my case VO said it could take upto a Month. 

Thiru302 - Are you still waiting? Did you get a yellow slip with batch #

Mkr@123 - Are you still waiting as well? Did you get a yellow slip with batch # Emailed you as well. 

I've updated my profile to include my email address. Feel free to email me there.,

My post above was quick and dirty because the more detailed one i typed up earlier was lost. To add more details to my case - 

I got my Masters here in Electrical Engineering. I went to work for my employer as direct employer right after graduating, and have worked with them ever since. Never been a contractor or anything of the like. I'm in my 5th year of H1B but have a valid I797 into my 7th year as my employer filed an amendment earlier this year and requested extra time based on the fact that they had filed my PERM .

At the visa interview - I was asked lots of questions about my job, and asked for my Resume. Visa officer indicated it needed more admin processing. Gave me yellow 221g with batch number on it. I sent it out next day, received automated email in minutes. On Monday i received an email from trtniv that thanked me for the information. 

I've contacted my lawyers and they've made an enquiry with the embassy but haven't received anything more enlighteting than I have. They will try again this week. 

I read on the forums earlier that one can ask for updates at the counter outside the embassy. Has anyone tried this? 

If you get in touch by email. I will be happy to share my phone# so we can talk. 

Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you were/are. Stuck in Toronto for over 4 weeks now. As some of you have mentioned:- 

1. Make a US senetor talk to consulate  -done that, no positive response

2. Go to the consulate counter (window) to get the status - done that, no positive response.

3. Send email- done that, no positive response.

The information posted here was helpful but in my case there was no positive response. Consulates standard response

"We have no control over the pace or scope of this review and unfortunately it remains unfinished."

Wanted to check if there are others as well and any other way of getting more information from the consulate.

Sorry to hear for the delay. I submitted my passport yesterday. Awaiting confirmation for passport pickup.

Interview date: June 11th  - 221g yellow with batch number

Recieved email for resume: June 17th

Sent email to consulate : June 17th

Called DOS and consulate mulitple times - same status

Recieved clearance email -  July 17th

Dropped passport  -  July 22nd

Awaiting confirmation for pickup.

Archived