Indian Visa Required - URGENT

ajrajini

Hi - We have applied US passport (Regular application) for our new born kid on June 9th. Expecting to receive Passport on hand by Mid of July. Unfortunately we got travel plan on 25th July to fly India. Please let me know your valuable suggestions on getting VISA for our new born before our departure.

Regards,

Raj

Hi - We have applied US passport (Regular application) for our new born kid on June 9th. Expecting to receive Passport on hand by Mid of July. Unfortunately we got travel plan on 25th July to fly India. Please let me know your valuable suggestions on getting VISA for our new born before our departure.

Regards,

Raj

Approach the National Passport Agency in your state. They issue US passport within 5 days.

You can get same day emergency visa. Look up the Indian consulate website closest to you.

Also, US born citizens typically get same day visa.

// I will be moving Permanently to India After 20th July. In that case Emergency visa helps for my kid?

If you are moving back to India permanently, then visitor visa doesn't help your kid. Visitor visa, as the name suggests, is only good for 6 months. See, if your kid qualifies for PIO card. PIO processing may be done in 3-4 weeks and then you can go back permanenetly, easily.

Archived