What type of visa to be obtained

Arvind nainar

Hello Members,

I am 21, I just got done with my undergraduate . I have planned to undergo a course on fluid mechanics of swimming which takes place for about a month and a half at Allentown, PA. Will the B-1 visa help me out with this ? or what kind of visa should i get to pursue the course ? It's a type of training , will the B-1 visa cover them ? and what documents will i need to get the visa . Please do help me out as soon as possible.

Thanks.

You are coming here to get advanced swimming lessons? Correct?. If not you are coming here as a visitor and tourist and getting advanced swimming lessons? Where does an invitation letter factor into the matter? Ask the company giving swimming lessons about the matter.

LOL. Fluid dynamics is something rather different... Lots of high-level math modeling how fluid move.

Maybe read his post again. He mentions "fluid mechanics of swimming". He does not mention Fluid Dynamics. There is a swimming institute in Allentown which does provide assistance in 'fluid mechanics of swimming" The OP mentions a 6 week course. High level math modelling is nowhere in the picture.

I have to admit that I read that as fluid dynamics. My bad.

@pontevecchio - I'm actually coming over to do the course . I spoke to the coach recently and we've cut short the course to three weeks . Yeah ,the place in allentown. So, i'll be doing my course for 3 weeks , visiting places around for a week and then return . This is how it is. So, what should i do? Kindly help me . Thanks :)

Usually and ordinarily they will let you in for a period of up to 180 days. Lessons do not constitute a course and a tourist visa should be adequate. Do take the trouble to look up the consulate website and then ask them as per their protocol. Is there any compelling reason why you have to take swimming lessons abroad? If the matter is important to you maybe give the firm of Murthy in Chennai a call?

I've got this doubt . Will i be able to take two minors with me ? Two of my friends ( junior team mates) whose ages are 16 and 13 . They are going for swimming training under the same coach where i'm gonna take those lessons and for the same period of time . Can i take them along , without their parents ? Is it possible or is there any other way so that i can take them without any immigration problem. So, we three could travel and stay together . Please do help with this .

Archived