F1 (CPT) to H1B

satyab.2002

In have currently a MBA degree from private university, whereas first masters was in Engineering from public university (non-profit). My H1B was selected in this lottery but why is that the RFE focuses on the current CPT, as I have stayed in USA for more than the mentioned period required for CPT!

I work in engineering related field but it's very obvious that, at work we apply management skills, even though one may not be in a lead/manger or management side. Then why does the RFE states to provide course with reference to job roles and also about the CPT being a integral part.  If the University has approved CPT, then what is with all this RFE?

Could someone please suggest the actions and any help is appreciated.

In have currently a MBA degree from private university, whereas first masters was in Engineering from public university (non-profit). My H1B was selected in this lottery but why is that the RFE focuses on the current CPT, as I have stayed in USA for more than the mentioned period required for CPT!

I work in engineering related field but it's very obvious that, at work we apply management skills, even though one may not be in a lead/manger or management side. Then why does the RFE states to provide course with reference to job roles and also about the CPT being a integral part.  If the University has approved CPT, then what is with all this RFE?

Do you know exactly how to use CPT??

CPT will be approved by the university, but it all depends on what kind of work you do?

CPT is part of F1, that means its like one of your F1 course. If our CPT is not related to any F1 course work then that's misuse of CPT.

Is this CPT job and your H1 job are one and same??

Nice question. Google for CPT abuse and universities caught doing so.

Is that a legitimate CPT, from a real university, and part of the curriculum?

Legitimate CPT is very rare, most of the time CPT is abused by shady universities or outright frauds.

A CPT is a big red flag nowadays, and should be avoided. If it is legitimate CPT, the university would provide you with the appropriate documentation.

Thank you all for the reply. Appreciate your time.

Yes, CPT job and the H1 job are one and same. Well university don't just approve CPT if its not related to the course work. And there is no abuse of the CPT or misuse of F1 from my side.

As some of you have mentioned well, I will research more about CPT and also on 'MBA CPT vs engineering CPT'

Yes, CPT job and the H1 job are one and same.  And there is no abuse of the CPT or misuse of F1 from my side.

So how can a FT job ( H1 ) and CPT job ( part of F1) can be one and same?? Are you working FT on CPT??What's the difference between the H1 job and CPT job?? Don't you think that's misuse of CPT?

Thank you all for the reply. Appreciate your time.

Yes, CPT job and the H1 job are one and same. Well university don't just approve CPT if its not related to the course work.

That is already what looks suspicious.

CPT is not about "being related to the course work." That's what OPT is about.

CPT is for work as integral part of the curriculum. Your wording seems to show that it is not, which would make it abuse of CPT. That's probably why you got the RFE.

Thank you all for the reply, it helped me find the answer. Please don't confuse, no one is abusing CPT; kindly refer 214.2(f)(10)(i); for your reference.

Well that's what we said in the earlier posts.

You still didn't answered my questions, what's the difference between CPT job and H1 job??

Thank you all for the reply, it helped me find the answer. Please don't confuse, no one is abusing CPT; kindly refer 214.2(f)(10)(i); for your reference.

Yes, that's what I've been referring to.

You haven't answered the question if your CPT was an integral part of the curriculum, as required by that section of the law that you pointed to.

The first sentence there is "An F-1 student may be authorized by the DSO to participate in a curricular practical training program that is an integral part of an established curriculum."

Given that you avoided answering my question, it seems that your CPT was abuse.

Archived