H1B Stamping Suspended in Canada for Summer 2014?

Suryak86

I have an appointment for H1b stamping with the Ottawa embassy on July 7, 2014 and I have been told by my lawyer that third country nationals with petition based stamping requests are suspended for the period of June, July and August 2014 in all Canada based US embassies. 

Is that true? Does this affect existing appointments? Did any one get theirs done in June 2014 ? 

Surya Kari

you should ask you attorney that where is he found this information does it mentioned anywhere online on consulates websites ? i have seen people are getting in june as well....

There is no date available in any consulate in Canada at least for last one month.

Hi

I was very much looking forward to visit Canada for stamping. My employer supports stamping in only India and Canada. Visiting to other countries is at my own risk is what they say.

I need to have stamping done before September so that i can travel to India.

So i have few questions. Would greatly appreciate the reply.

1. Is there any scope of getting an interview slot in Canada if any body cancels their appointment before September.

2. Can i take risk and go to other locations such as Jamaica by my own accord?

3. What are the other advisable locations apart Jamaica that i can go for H1B visa stamping.

Thanks.

Hi I was very much looking forward to visit Canada for stamping. My employer supports stamping in only India and Canada. Visiting to other countries is at my own risk is what they say. I need to have stamping done before September so that i can travel to India. So i have few questions. Would greatly appreciate the reply. 1. Is there any scope of getting an interview slot in Canada if any body cancels their appointment before September. 2. Can i take risk and go to other locations such as Jamaica by my own accord? 3. What are the other advisable locations apart Jamaica that i can go for H1B visa stamping. Thanks.

You can go to India and get stamping there.

Archived