H4 visa (H1B-expired passport)

GC10-11

Hi, 

My wife needs to go for H4 visa stamping in India and my passport has expired, and am in the process of renewing it (I am in US and I hear it might take 6-8 weeks).  Does my wife have to wait until I renew my passport to apply for her visa? Can she go for her visa while I submit my passport for renewal/reissue?

Thanks!

Hi, 

My wife needs to go for H4 visa stamping in India and my passport has expired, and am in the process of renewing it (I am in US and I hear it might take 6-8 weeks).  Does my wife have to wait until I renew my passport to apply for her visa? Can she go for her visa while I submit my passport for renewal/reissue?

Thanks!

When is your I94 expiry date? I am sure that your I94 expired with your passport expiry. If your I94 has expired your stay in US is illegal.  

Hi, 

Thanks!

She doesn't need your passport for H1 interview. She is good to go.

Archived