AC21 Change.

Jazzzy

Hello All, 

Need help in understanding AC21. 

Priority date: Apr-2009 
Ead valid till: Feb-2015 
Joining new company on H1 transfer and applying for AC21 after that. 

I am joining from Company A (Major medical device manufacturer) to Company B (Consumer electronics device maker). The job title at company A (when PERM was applied) was "Software Engineer", new position at company B is "Staff Software Engineer". 

The job text that was used to file Perm at company A is as follows (listed below) and new position at Company B is also listed below. 

Do you think this is going to be a problem while filing AC21 or when I get an RFE? Would really appreciate your input. 

Job description in the company B is pretty much same except that I do not work any more in medical devices or medical imaging or DICOM. 

Educational requirements are same. Number of years experience and salary is obviously more in Position B as this is a staff engineer position. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Company A: 
SOC code: "EB-2 (SOC 15-1031 – Computer Software Engineers, Applications)" 

Job Duties:

*Design, develop, document, and implement software service applications for proprietary medical products; 
*Design and implement backend components and assist with build process as needed 
*Ensure that software applications comply with technical requirements for software and hardware; 
*Design and implement diagnostics tools; and, 
*Recommend system parameters or programs, including testability, serviceability, and maintenance of system architecture and design execution. 

Special Requirements: 
Experience with developing software applications for medical devices; strong knowledge of medical imaging domain and DICOM; experience with object-oriented programming (C#, .NET, C++, COM, TCP/IP and XML). 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Company B: 
SOC code: " 15-1133 SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS, SYSTEMS SOFTWARE" (From LCA applied while filing for H1 transfer) 

Job description in the company B is pretty much same except that I do not work any more in medical devices or medical imaging or DICOM. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived