Transfer of H1 to a Startup Company

srinivas_2006

Hi,

I want to transfer my H1 to a startup company -ABC corp.  The ABC corp is registered in july 2012 and has revenues from its 1 employee starting August 2013.

One of my friends, told that the new company should have revenues of over $400,000 in order to get the H1 petition / LCA approved.

It seems that this company doesn't have $400,000 in revenues (as it is currently has 1 employee and in existence for a short time). 

They currently have a full time position open and I want to join that position.

Kindly suggest, if there is any way to get my H1 transferred without any rejection.

Hi,

I want to transfer my H1 to a startup company -ABC corp.  The ABC corp is registered in july 2012 and has revenues from its 1 employee starting August 2013.

One of my friends, told that the new company should have revenues of over $400,000 in order to get the H1 petition / LCA approved.

It seems that this company doesn't have $400,000 in revenues (as it is currently has 1 employee and in existence for a short time). 

They currently have a full time position open and I want to join that position.

Kindly suggest, if there is any way to get my H1 transferred without any rejection.

Ask your start up company to engage the help of an attorney.

The company would have to show that they can pay you.

For established companies, that' usually done by showing the company tax returns.

For new companies, things like venture capital, business plan, big contracts, etc. can be used.

There is no specific number of revenue.

Again, the main issue is that the company needs to be able to pay your salary.

Archived