L1/L2 renewed, I-94 expiring

CG_NJ

Hi,

My details are as follows:

renewed L1/L2 expiry date - May 28, 2016

I-94 date - 21 Aug 2014 (same as prev visa expiry date)

Please correct me if i am wrong that our stay in US after 21 aug 2014 will be illegal because i-94 overrides everything?

If i am right, please let me know how can we get I-94 extended.

Hi,

My details are as follows:

renewed L1/L2 expiry date - May 28, 2016

I-94 date - 21 Aug 2014 (same as prev visa expiry date)

Please correct me if i am wrong that our stay in US after 21 aug 2014 will be illegal because i-94 overrides everything?

If i am right, please let me know how can we get I-94 extended.

If your renewal approval notice does not have an extended I94 then you guys need to exit and enter US with a valid L1/L2 visa and approval notice.

If you recently got your renewal, then your new visa expiry (May 28 2016) is good.

They have recently made some changes in the I-94 system. Check the USCIS website to find your digital I-94. They no longer issue the paper version of it at the Airport either. I-94 was only meant to track the entry and exit of foreigners which Airlines did  electronicaly for them anyway. Hence, USCIS and CBP is getting away from that paper system.

Still keep your I-94 and return it when you exit next time.

If you recently got your renewal, then your new visa expiry (May 28 2016) is good.

They have recently made some changes in the I-94 system. Check the USCIS website to find your digital I-94. They no longer issue the paper version of it at the Airport either. I-94 was only meant to track the entry and exit of foreigners which Airlines did  electronicaly for them anyway. Hence, USCIS and CBP is getting away from that paper system.

Still keep your I-94 and return it when you exit next time.

Change in I94 system is when you enter US a paper I94 card will not be provided at POE as everything is online now. But, when a petition is renewed continuance of stay in US is based on I94 in approval notice. 

Ok, thanks.

Someone told me that they will be sending a separate mail which will have my new I-94.

I need to send my documents for EAD renewal and that includes renewed I-94. Thats why i am worried because i dont want my EAD renewal to get delayed as it will create issues at my employment.

Ok, thanks.

Someone told me that they will be sending a separate mail which will have my new I-94.

I need to send my documents for EAD renewal and that includes renewed I-94. Thats why i am worried because i dont want my EAD renewal to get delayed as it will create issues at my employment.

Any stay beyond I94 expiry date is illegal. If you have a valid visa and petition you have to exit and enter US to get this extended I94. Did you check with your attorney why an extended I94 date was not given when L1/L2 was renewed?

Any stay beyond I94 expiry date is illegal. If you have a valid visa and petition you have to exit and enter US to get this extended I94. Did you check with your attorney why an extended I94 date was not given when L1/L2 was renewed?

I do understand that stay beyong I-94 is illegal, more than that i need my I-94 asap to renew my expiring EAD. My question is do we have to fill some separate form for I-94?

Have not checked with the attorny, but can get that done too.

I do understand that stay beyong I-94 is illegal, more than that i need my I-94 asap to renew my expiring EAD. My question is do we have to fill some separate form for I-94?

I94 is online now. For renewing EAD you need to provide USCIS a printout of online I94.

Sorry got confused. You get only one approval notice that either contains I94 or not. No separate I94 will be issued.

Sorry got confused. You get only one approval notice that either contains I94 or not. No separate I94 will be issued.

The approval notice i got did not have I-94 and i checked online, the online I-94 still reflects my prev details.

I have already applied for EAD renewal and the prometric is due end of this month but i am yet to send the docs, awaiting I-94. I want to do it asap but feeling lost. USCIS and US Border protection site also doesnt seem to have any information.

I checked the status of the L1/L2 renewal online, and although we got a notification through physical mail on renewal with new validity date - it still shows post decision activity. Does that mean some docs from USCIS are yet to printed and mailed?

Thanks everyone for the response.

the attorney sent the I-94 to my husband's employer and they were sitting on it for no good reason.

We finally got it, and will ship the EAD docs today.

Just a query on another topic : I cant seem to remember from the last time, but does EAD renewal documents required to be signed on each page by the applicant? Or the mere photocopy enough,

Archived