Query regd. Salary when working remote from India

Karan_Shah

Hi all,

I am working for an American company as a full-time salaried employee. My H1B will expire in Sept 2014 (with recapture). My manager has approved working remote from India until my I-140 is processes. So, I am looking at approximately 3-to-4 months (Sept thru December). I need to speak to the HR to figure out my salary. I thought of posting on this forum to see what other people have experienced as I am sure that I am not the first person in this situation.

Question:

1. Should I expect my employer to pay American salary while I am working remote from India? What the the usual norm?

2. Are there any labour laws that prohibit an employer to deposit salary into an American bank if the employee does not have a current H1-B status and working outside USA? Note that my PERM was files in March this year and H1 will expire in Sept.

3. What about medical insurance? What do employers normally do when an employee has to leave the US for few months because of visa issues?

I will appreciate if someone could share his/her experience.

Regards,

Karan

Hi all,

I am working for an American company as a full-time salaried employee. My H1B will expire in Sept 2014 (with recapture). My manager has approved working remote from India until my I-140 is processes. So, I am looking at approximately 3-to-4 months (Sept thru December). I need to speak to the HR to figure out my salary. I thought of posting on this forum to see what other people have experienced as I am sure that I am not the first person in this situation.

Question:

1. Should I expect my employer to pay American salary while I am working remote from India? What the the usual norm?

2. Are there any labour laws that prohibit an employer to deposit salary into an American bank if the employee does not have a current H1-B status and working outside USA? Note that my PERM was files in March this year and H1 will expire in Sept.

3. What about medical insurance? What do employers normally do when an employee has to leave the US for few months because of visa issues?

I will appreciate if someone could share his/her experience.

Regards,

Karan

1) You can expect that but I don't think it will be usual.

2) He can pay you in USD if you are not in US.Obviously, you have to take care of tax calculations.I think you have to stay India till Feb.

3) For this you have to discuss with the employer.

Archived