H1 & H4 stamping Successful in Calgary

PositiveThinking

Hello Everyone, 

Thanks all for sharing there experiences here in the forum. Its my turn to do the same. 

Stamping @ Calgary was very cool and No documents were asked except for 797 , DS 160 and passport. I did not have client letter just an email from client. 

Appointment @ 8 am. They let you in  @ 7:30 AM with security checks. You are seated and once your token number is called you go to the Window.

Questions asked :

1. Do you work at a client location? 

2. What is the name of your client?

3. How long you been working for the employer ?

4. Does he pay you well and on time ?

5. Are you going to be working for the same employer ?

6. Is your Immigration petition filed ( GC ) ?

7. How long are you working in the US ?

For wife

1. Are you working?

2. What is your educational background. 

There was a brief moment of typing and checking for PIMS verification. Finally got a white paper to collect passport from Loomis once we receive an email. 

They took both the passports and I 797. Hope they return the passport along with I797. 

Now off to sightseeing in Calgary to Banff and Jasper National Parks. 

Note: Please do not get your cell phones, Remote car keys, USB drives. There are clear instructions not to bring them in @ security check point. 

You can grab a sandwich and coffee at Tim Hortons inside the building. There is public parking right next to the building.

Good Luck Everyone !!

Hi I am in US and planning my h1b stamping on june last week at Calgary. I paid the fee, but i dont see the dates for june, july, august. I see only for Sep if i select i am currently in US.

I can see the dates for june if i select i am residing in Canada. I want to know how and when you booked the appointment.

Please do respond. Thanks.

We booked the appointment on May 2nd that time it was showing all dates from May 29th onward. Please keep checking the website. It may also be that since Summer is around the corner Consulate gets busy with visitor visas and other visas for people traveling to US from Calgary.

We are still in Calgary waiting for the passport.  Let me know if you have any other questions. Please use the email in my profile to contact me.  

Received Passport this morning. Loomis did not send any email. They called my cell and home number in US and left a message to come and pick up. Please do take the print out of Reference ID from http://usvisa-info.com website and your Drivers license. 

It looks like they returning passports in two working days. Our appointment was on Thursday and we got passport from Loomis on Monday Afternoon. 

We did book our tickets on June 7th just to be on safe side. 

Good Luck All !

Archived