Visa Stamping Interview Dates Availability for Canada

rp1979

Is anyone trying to book the visa appointment date for anywhere in Canada? I am trying for since last 4-5 days, but the first date available is in second week of October. (After 134 days as of today)

None of the location is showing before Septmber - October in Canada.

I was looking for July-August?

Any suggestion or idea ?

Thanks.

Looks like we are all in the same situation. Requesting to please share if the window opens for appointments. I have been trying for last 7 days. 

I did notice a day or two open up but it very little advance days from current day. For instance there was a slot available on May 28th but it showed up only on May 26th afternoon. 

Hello all,

This is what I read in another similar post regarding date issue:

Can someone verify if this is true??

The link:  http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/76660-appointment-dates-in-canada-us-embassy/

Post name: Appointment Dates in Canada US Embassy?

Information

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:07 PM

AILA Practice Alert advises that U.S. Consulates in Canada are temporarily suspending third country national (TCN) processing during the peak demand period of June, July, and August 2014. TCN applicants with appointments already scheduled at a post in Canada during these months will not be affected. Emergency cases may seek consideration for scheduling an interview at a consulate in Canada by visiting 

http://www.********.com/****************

Third Country Nationals may be unable to schedule nonimmigrant visa appointments at U.S. consulates and embassies throughout Canada this summer.

U.S. consular posts in Canada have temporarily suspended nonimmigrant visa processing for Third Country Nationals (TCNs) during June, July, and August because of staffing issues. In this context, “TCN” refers to any non-Canadian national applying for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa in Canada. The status of TCN visa application processing in Canada is as follows:

• The only posts with remaining availability during the month of September are Calgary and Vancouver.
  • The Toronto and Ottawa posts are currently scheduling visa appointments in October and do not plan to release any earlier appointments during the summer months.
  • Applicants whose appointments have already been scheduled during the summer months will not be affected.
  • Applicants who reside in Canada with Canadian immigration status will also not be affected.

The Ottawa post may assist in scheduling appointments for applicants who hold senior or executive positions with their U.S. employers.

If this is really true, its just ridiculous of the CSC site to accept our payments for appointments. I am afraid the payments are non refundable. 

Regards

Sukhdev

That's not "ridiculous", CSC doesn't read your mind, how does it knows what dates you are looking for??

What Ridiculous is that  attending visa interview in Canada?? Why not home country??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Pratik,

Has anyone is in the same situation where they don't see available appointment dates before October anywhere in Canada? I checked Ottawa, Toronto and dates are just not available. DSO website shows the next available appointment in Ottawa is 8 days from today, but the first available date in Ottawa is 7th Oct.

I know last summer around same time Canada suspended the processing of non-immigrant applicants of TCN, but what is going on this year?

This is my second week of date hunting in Ottawa.. and the earliest one I could see was 29th Sep last week.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Thanks,

Dhaval

• 3 weeks later...

Archived