h1b to H4 COS denied due to abandonement

anusuya

hello

i had applied for h4 COS from h1b on march 10th 2014. i had to travel to India in April due to family emergency and now i received a letter stating h4 

please advise on what i should do next. Is there a way to amend/repair the status? Also, will this cause any issues n future when i go for stamping for other visa type/GC ?

Thanks and Regards

Anu

hello

i had applied for h4 COS from h1b on march 10th 2014. i had to travel to India in April due to family emergency and now i received a letter stating h4 

please advise on what i should do next. Is there a way to amend/repair the status? Also, will this cause any issues n future when i go for stamping for other visa type/GC ?

Thanks and Regards

Anu

What does the letter state?

hello

i had applied for h4 COS from h1b on march 10th 2014 from USA. i had to travel to India in April due to family emergency(travel while the status was pending) and now i received a letter stating h4 has been denied due to abandonment.

Thanks and Regards

Anu

Hello Prachi

Thank you so much for the reply. Howeverr i am concerned about the effect this rejection would have on my h4 stamping at the consulate? Also my husband's GC is in process and would like to know if i/he would have any issues for GC....

Regards

Anu

Hello Prachi

Thank you so much for the reply. Howeverr i am concerned about the effect this rejection would have on my h4 stamping at the consulate? Also my husband's GC is in process and would like to know if i/he would have any issues for GC....

Regards

Anu

No issue at all. This is normal . As JoeF also informed you can approach an US consulate for H4 visa.

Thank you Guys.

One last question(i know its too much bothering , but just to understand the situation better).

i am presently in india to also reset my h1b clock(365 days out of USA) and  will be applying for h1b next april(2015) through my employer. Will this rejection cause issue for my h1 as the USCIS would have this record of my h4 denial?

Thank you Guys.

One last question(i know its too much bothering , but just to understand the situation better).

i am presently in india to also reset my h1b clock(365 days out of USA) and  will be applying for h1b next april(2015) through my employer. Will this rejection cause issue for my h1 as the USCIS would have this record of my h4 denial?

No issue for your H1B. It is not denial but abandonment of your COS to H4 application.

Archived