can a H1b living in US sponsor for visitor visa(B2) for parents ?

rohit666

Hello Senior Members,

My parents living in Hyderabad, India are planning to go for visitor visa(B2). I have been searching for documents required for B2 visa interview and was confused about sponsor documents. I have below questions.

I 'm on H1b living in US. so i have questions if my parents have to show their own funds and go for a visa interivew or can i show my funds ( giving affadavit of support) to my parents.

1.Can a person in US sponsor funds for his parents ( showing bank balance and sufficient funds for their trip and stay to US). Also sending affidavit of support.

2. Do my parents have to show their own funds ?

3. Visitor visa reason for travel:  In my case- parents will be visiting to see me and also travel.       Will this reason be fine ? 

4. Can any one send me the documents require for a visiting visa ? any link would be great.

Visitor visa application documents:

http://www.***********.com/****************

Visitor visa sponsor documents:

http://www.***********.com/****************

Thanks

1.Can a person in US sponsor funds for his parents ( showing bank balance and sufficient funds for their trip and stay to US). Also sending affidavit of support.

2. Do my parents have to show their own funds ?

3. Visitor visa reason for travel:  In my case- parents will be visiting to see me and also travel.       Will this reason be fine ? 

4. Can any one send me the documents require for a visiting visa ? any link would be great.

Their is no sponsorship for visiting visa. Non immigration CANNOT sponsor ANY US VISA.

1. That means they are dependent on you and might stay back after entering into US.

2. Yes

3. Reason should be travel.

4. Google it.

Thanks for the replies every one..

My only question is what is the best method or a way to get visitor visa for parents. If i have to show i-134 (child financial sponsoring to parents); i will show them or if parents should show they own funds; i will recommend them to do so.

The reason for the trip will be travel and visit me for a month.

Thanks for the replies every one..

My only question is what is the best method or a way to get visitor visa for parents. If i have to show i-134 (child financial sponsoring to parents); i will show them or if parents should show they own funds; i will recommend them to do so.

The reason for the trip will be travel and visit me for a month.

The best way to get visiting visa, is to show strong ties back at your home country. If you show your funds then that means they are dependent on you and vo might think that they won't come back after the vacation.

Archived