H1B Stamping Dilemma

h4wifelife

Hi,

This is our situation.

My husband's visa  was valid from 2010  and expired on 28th September 2014.

After coming back to USA he got an H1B amendment and hence a new I797, it says H1B is valid from 25 May 2012 to  6 June 2015.

Now this means,

If we go back to India we have to get our visa stamped, right?

Since he is applying for the same visa and since last visa was stamped in Chennai, and he still has the same petitioner and he fulfills the rest of the conditions, I believe we are eligible for Interview Waiver Dropbox Program  

Also,

How close to the "within 12 months" condition can we submit our documents to Team Stanley?

For eg, the expiry date is 28 September, if we give the documents to Team Stanley BAngalore on 26th or 27th of September, are we still safe??

I am worried because I am not sure when the documents will reach the Chennai consulate.

Please help!!!!

Hi,

This is our situation.

My husband's visa  was valid from 2010  and expired on 28th September 2014.

After coming back to USA he got an H1B amendment and hence a new I797, it says H1B is valid from 25 May 2012 to  6 June 2015.

Now this means,

If we go back to India we have to get our visa stamped, right?

Since he is applying for the same visa and since last visa was stamped in Chennai, and he still has the same petitioner and he fulfills the rest of the conditions, I believe we are eligible for Interview Waiver Dropbox Program  

Also,

How close to the "within 12 months" condition can we submit our documents to Team Stanley?

For eg, the expiry date is 28 September, if we give the documents to Team Stanley BAngalore on 26th or 27th of September, are we still safe??

I am worried because I am not sure when the documents will reach the Chennai consulate.

Please help!!!!

If your spouse intends to return to US after Sept 28th 2014 he needs new stamping. Better submit the documents immediately after visa expiry date.

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you for your reply. Also, if we intend to use the dropbox program, how close to the "within 12 month from date of expiry " date can we submit the documents to Team Stanely? For eg, if we reach India on 26th Sep 2014 and submit the documents, will we be within the 12 month period(exp date Sapt 28) ???

Hi Jairichi,

Thank you for your reply. Also, if we intend to use the dropbox program, how close to the "within 12 month from date of expiry " date can we submit the documents to Team Stanely? For eg, if we reach India on 26th Sep 2014 and submit the documents, will we be within the 12 month period(exp date Sapt 28) ???

You H1B visa has to be currently valid or has expired within the last 12 months. Since your H1B visa is valid till 28th Sep 2014 you can submit it at Team Stanley on any day in September 2014. But, if it expired on 28th Sep 2013 then better to submit all your documents on or before 27th Sep 2014. Personally I will submit it a week or two before the 12 months period.

Archived