As a J2 visa holder, can I get greencard after winning DV Lottery?

Hello all,

My wife is a Fulbright Phd. Scholar in US and we have been in US for 3 years. My wife's plan is to graduate on May,2015. My visa status is J2 and my wife's is J1 and we are subject to 2 year home residency requirement based on Govenment Financing.

Last week I found out that I won DV Lottery. According to my situation I have explained in the paragraph above, do you think I can get green card? I searched my situation on internet and found out that resideny requirement could be an obstruction in my situation. Isn't there any solution for that?

I would appreciate if you could help me about that.

Thanks.

Hello all,

My wife is a Fulbright Phd. Scholar in US and we have been in US for 3 years. My wife's plan is to graduate on May,2015. My visa status is J2 and my wife's is J1 and we are subject to 2 year home residency requirement based on Govenment Financing.

Last week I found out that I won DV Lottery. According to my situation I have explained in the paragraph above, do you think I can get green card? I searched my situation on internet and found out that resideny requirement could be an obstruction in my situation. Isn't there any solution for that?

I would appreciate if you could help me about that.

Thanks.

Get a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your home government and apply for a waiver of residency requirement.

jairichi,

My wife is a Fulbright scholar and Fulbright program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. According to that, do you think should I get a No Objection Certificate from my home government or should I get it from US government?

jairichi,

My wife is a Fulbright scholar and Fulbright program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. According to that, do you think should I get a No Objection Certificate from my home government or should I get it from US government?

I am sorry. She has to get a waiver from the funding agency.

Archived