FNU problem for getting license

Hi,

My problem is as given below.

My passport has my names as given below

Given Name: ABCD XYZ

Surname : Blank

I visited the US on an L1 visa in 2007. However, while filling up the forms for the same, I put in my name as ABCD and surname as XYZ. Due to this, my L1 visa at that time had the following

Given Name: ABCD

Surname: XYZ

The above helped me get an SSN with my name properly put in as ABCD XYZ and a Connecticut Driver's License as ABCD XYZ. I left the US in 2010 and my L1 visa has since expired.

In 2013, I came back to the US on an H1 visa. However, this time around I was advised by my company's visa department to put in my name as follows.

Given Name: FNU

Surname: ABCD XYZ

This led to my H1 visa being printed as below

The I94 was entered in the POE as follows(It was the digital one this time and not the paper one I had earlier)

Surname: ABCD

My Connecticut Drivers License is valid till 2015 due to some reason but since I have moved to Oklahoma now, I went to the DMV to get an out of state license transfer to get an Oklahoma License.

However, the officer told me that the system won't allow me to do this as the SSN is now not matching with the I94 or the system records. He told me that I will need to get the SSN changed to what it is on the I94 now but that surname is incorrect.

Could you please advise on how to proceed with this problem and the options I have. I did read up on this in the forum and some other websites but most other cases have a small difference in that they have not even had their SSN printed or Driving license obtained. I have both but due to the issues with the H1 visa name, I am stuck right now.

Hi,

My problem is as given below.

My passport has my names as given below

Surname : Blank

I visited the US on an L1 visa in 2007. However, while filling up the forms for the same, I put in my name as ABCD and surname as XYZ. Due to this, my L1 visa at that time had the following

Given Name: ABCD

Surname: XYZ

The above helped me get an SSN with my name properly put in as ABCD XYZ and a Connecticut Driver's License as ABCD XYZ. I left the US in 2010 and my L1 visa has since expired.

In 2013, I came back to the US on an H1 visa. However, this time around I was advised by my company's visa department to put in my name as follows.

This led to my H1 visa being printed as below

The I94 was entered in the POE as follows(It was the digital one this time and not the paper one I had earlier)

Surname: ABCD

My Connecticut Drivers License is valid till 2015 due to some reason but since I have moved to Oklahoma now, I went to the DMV to get an out of state license transfer to get an Oklahoma License.

However, the officer told me that the system won't allow me to do this as the SSN is now not matching with the I94 or the system records. He told me that I will need to get the SSN changed to what it is on the I94 now but that surname is incorrect.

Could you please advise on how to proceed with this problem and the options I have. I did read up on this in the forum and some other websites but most other cases have a small difference in that they have not even had their SSN printed or Driving license obtained. I have both but due to the issues with the H1 visa name, I am stuck right now.

Visit local SSN office and ask them. Only after that you can make any changes to other documents.

Archived