Multiple questions in a single topic. Related to H1B 2015.

dileep.koppu

I am currently approaching universities which provide CPT from start of the academic semester,( first) and yes, that's valid too. few universities do not provide that until 2nd sem, but yes,there are many which do. and as soon as i am in, i can work. on par with education. 

Multiple answers in a single post.

I tried to be a good guy too. but as far as i know, every single person i know of who applied for their H1's or their beloved ones H1's this year did multiple applications through multiple employers. this is not illegal and i am positively sure of this. My thought process was like I have 2 chances of getting picked as i am in masters quota. I have an advantage already. why should i be an A** by doing such a thing? but i realize that i become an A** by not doing so. no matter what it costs, i ll go ahead with multiple employers the coming year. 

Applying through multiple employers increases their chances. Positive. I have a few friends who did that, never received a reply, or a packet return from one employer, but successfully got picked and in processing currently in the other. so pretty sure multiple employer applications are valid and legit.

I am on F1 and i can work as long as my CPT is in valid status. as i am using my OPT currently, I will not be able to use either OPT or its extension next year( or at the end of my degree). All you need to be is a valid student, making sure all rules are followed.

Buddy,

I was in your shoes last year. My h1b didn't come through and I was there lamenting at people, who applied with different employers to increase their chances.... I thought that I was doing the right thing, by sticking to one employer... but that costed like 8 months of my career in doldrums...

I enrolled back in a university near my home, but never took CPT. I was able to afford it, since my husband is there to support me... My intention to enroll in a second master's were completely different.. I wanted to see.. where this would take me.. There was no guarentee that my h1b this year would be picked up.. I wanted to keep an option open ( like getting an internship after 2nd semester completes... which can ultimately result in h1b )..... but I started looking out for jobs and attending interviews since January of 2014, while i was studying full time... My whole aim was to get a good employer and try my luck this year...

So, do the best thing possible.. CPT from day 1 is very dangerous.... it can kill your career in US. I know many universities support it.. But they will not be helpful, when there will be a query on your case years later.It can happen.. Many people are getting queries, in their second extension of H1B or even during GC.... So My advise would be to be careful.. Dont enroll in CPT from day one ( I know it seems very difficult.. considering financially) ... but you dont want something to come in between your dream of working in US.. years later to come....

I have not misused anything. I honestly studied for day and night and attended interviews.. so that a good employer will apply H1b for me.. Luckily for me...I got two of them, who were interested in my talent.. SInce they wanted to hire me, they applied for H1B. I didn't do anything except doing interviews, I didnt sign any bond ( those bonds are only for shady consultancies, not good employers ) I am just looking out for my future....

If you have two genuine offers then that's fine.

What was the reason for H1 rejection this year?? And why your H1 was rejected last year??

Rejection DOES NOT mean the petition got selected . From  http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-reaches-fy-2015-h-1b-cap-0    .    "For cap-subject petitions not randomly selected, USCIS will reject and return the petition with filing fees, unless it is found to be a duplicate filing."

If you think everybody is trying to pick a fight with you , you better introspect to see where the problem is.   Your words are not law   and USCIS has NEVER said how they do the lottery. 

Ahh, the other person who has nothing better to do than trying to pick fights is joining, of course.

USCIS has not explicitly said how they do the lottery, they have given a number of hints, though.

Instead of trying yet another fight with me, you may want to actually look that up...

Ahh, the other person who has nothing better to do than trying to pick fights is joining, of course.

USCIS has not explicitly said how they do the lottery, they have given a number of hints, though.

Instead of trying yet another fight with me, you may want to actually look that up...

Again ... USCIS NEVER said that multiple applications are counted as one for lottery ... there is NO hint either.   The HINT is ... it is LEGAL  for two employer to file H1 for same employee

So what are you saying... ? That I am a liar?.. 

I am just trying to help someone with my information, which I went through this year...

If you have two genuine offers then that's fine.

What was the reason for H1 rejection this year?? And why your H1 was rejected last year??

I was working for a EVC model last year.. and the client was not giving out client letters to contractors... Burnt my hands with EVC model.. never going back to EVC, until i get my GC

I was working for a EVC model last year.. and the client was not giving out client letters to contractors... Burnt my hands with EVC model.. never going back to EVC, until i get my GC

Good to know that you are not working for an consulting firm. Now you understand that how bad it is, if you work for consulting firm. And good to know that you have two genuine offers.

USCIS did not explicitly say it !!!  What happened to the (non existent :) ) "Federal Register"  which you have been waving for so long ?    

The ONLY HINT which USCIS gave is --  it is legal for multiple employers to file a petition for same beneficiary   AND they rule out (and do not return the fee)  if same employer file multiple petition for same beneficiary.      

So what are you saying... ? That I am a liar?.. 

I am just trying to help someone with my information, which I went through this year...

Even if the application from one employer was returned to him, it does not mean what you think it means.

You don't know why it was returned. You don't even know if the employer sent it out to being with.

USCIS did not explicitly say it !!!  What happened to the (non existent :) ) "Federal Register"  which you have been waving for so long ?    

The ONLY HINT which USCIS gave is --  it is legal for multiple employers to file a petition for same beneficiary   AND they rule out (and do not return the fee)  if same employer file multiple petition for same beneficiary.      

As I said, search it yourself.

The Federal Register entry does exist.

Archived