Multiple questions in a single topic. Related to H1B 2015.

dileep.koppu

Hello,

I applied on premium processing for H1B 2015, (masters quota) and haven't been picked. I am looking for various options. 

1) can i join a "Community college" to maintain my status until H1B 2016 starts? ( this option mainly because of the tuition fee costs difference)

2) there are too many people saying that there is still hope and until the packets are returned, there is scope. Does USCIS keep a reserve bunch of random packets of applications so that they can fill up the remaining of "Picked-Rejected" applications? do they even do that?

3) If i choose to not join a college for maintaining status,( I have already completed 2 masters and i have very little patience to continue studying) What are my other options as my OPT Extension ends on june 30th 2014. 

Please reply. Thanks for this facility.

Hello,

I applied on premium processing for H1B 2015, (masters quota) and haven't been picked. I am looking for various options. 

1) can i join a "Community college" to maintain my status until H1B 2016 starts? ( this option mainly because of the tuition fee costs difference)

2) there are too many people saying that there is still hope and until the packets are returned, there is scope. Does USCIS keep a reserve bunch of random packets of applications so that they can fill up the remaining of "Picked-Rejected" applications? do they even do that?

3) If i choose to not join a college for maintaining status,( I have already completed 2 masters and i have very little patience to continue studying) What are my other options as my OPT Extension ends on june 30th 2014. 

Please reply. Thanks for this facility.

1. Bad option.

2. No.

3. Exit US and return after your H1B petition is selected and approved next year.

Yes, they actually do. USCIS selects more than the 85K applications. In fact, they select around 100K applications. The additional applications are used if H1s are denied.

So, as long as an application hasn't been returned, there still is some chance to go from the waitlist to selected.

1. That's not an option. Forget about that.

2. May be, wait till you hear from your attorney.

3. Leave US and enter with H1 next year.

You are simply wasting your time and money by staying in US. What's the guarantee that you will get your H1 next year? It's better you find an alternative.

1. That's not an option. Forget about that.

2. May be, wait till you hear from your attorney.

3. Leave US and enter with H1 next year.

You are simply wasting your time and money by staying in US. What's the guarantee that you will get your H1 next year? It's better you find an alternative.

I completed my masters in england, and entered USA on Student Visa. now i have completed another masters here. as the H1 didnt go through, I am compelled to go through this procedure again. I have mentally prepared to go for H1 2016, as ther are speculations about H4 being allowed to work , so there will be much lesser applications next year. I also did a mistake by being considerable and applying through only one employer. i dont think i ll do that next year. that will be my last shot and i hope that goes through. I am actually working FT and earning good money. but it takes a toll on arranging for both, as you guys know. That's why the request. 

I completed my masters in england, and entered USA on Student Visa. now i have completed another masters here. as the H1 didnt go through, I am compelled to go through this procedure again. I have mentally prepared to go for H1 2016, as ther are speculations about H4 being allowed to work , so there will be much lesser applications next year. I also did a mistake by being considerable and applying through only one employer. i dont think i ll do that next year. that will be my last shot and i hope that goes through. I am actually working FT and earning good money. but it takes a toll on arranging for both, as you guys know. That's why the request. 

I understand your situation. On what basis will you work once your OPT extension gets over by June 30th 2014?

But how can you work when you are on F1??

Applying through multiple employers doesn't increase the chances. This is not like the Powerball lottery.

USCIS identifies multiple applications before the lottery, they have to, because certain multiple applications are prohibited (same employer or subsidiary.)

There is only one entry in the lottery per person, even if the person is the beneficiary of multiple petitions.

Don't think USCIS is stupid. They know all about these futile attempts to play unfair.

Yes, they actually do. USCIS selects more than the 85K applications. In fact, they select around 100K applications. The additional applications are used if H1s are denied.

So, as long as an application hasn't been returned, there still is some chance to go from the waitlist to selected.

So if there is still a chance, can I get an interim cap-gap from the university?  My OPT expires on the first week of June. If I don't get a reject from USCIS by then, can the school give me an interim cap gap extension so that I can continue to work? If so, when should I send that request to the school.

Your response will be appreciated. 

Applying through multiple employers doesn't increase the chances. This is not like the Powerball lottery.

USCIS identifies multiple applications before the lottery, they have to, because certain multiple applications are prohibited (same employer or subsidiary.)

There is only one entry in the lottery per person, even if the person is the beneficiary of multiple petitions.

Don't think USCIS is stupid. They know all about these futile attempts to play unfair.

JOEF, it does actually: Continue to read on

I have solid proof this time. 

This year, two employers applied h1b for me.. Only one got picked up in the lottery, It is approved as well....

And my other employer has received a rejection mail, with all my paper work back. He just informed me.

Please stop misleading people time and again... Just because you have more than 5000 posts on the forum, doesn't make you an expert. Someone can always know better than self.

JOEF, it does actually: Continue to read on

I have solid proof this time. 

This year, two employers applied h1b for me.. Only one got picked up in the lottery, It is approved as well....

And my other employer has received a rejection mail, with all my paper work back. He just informed me.

Please stop misleading people time and again... Just because you have more than 5000 posts on the forum, doesn't make you an expert. Someone can always know better than self.

Yeah right...

You don't even get the terminology right.

If the employer got a rejection mail, that petition got selected. Also, even if that particular petition wasn't put into the lottery, it may have been because it was deficient in some way, e.g., incomplete.

Nice try, but it still is the case that multiple applications don't increase the chances.

Let's assume that it increases the chances. Do you agree that you misused the H1 program by filing multiple H1's??

Let's assume that it increases the chances. Do you agree that you misused the H1 program by filing multiple H1's??

I don't consider that as a misuse. There is no law preventing multiple employers to file for the same candidate. It just shows that the candidate is too good and more than one US employers are williing to sponsor H1-B visa for him.

I don't consider that as a misuse. There is no law preventing multiple employers to file for the same candidate. It just shows that the candidate is too good and more than one US employers are williing to sponsor H1-B visa for him.

If you take a look at what that person said, it's clear that he just filed multiple H1's to increase the chances. Not to work for that employer. Isn't that misuse??

or the candidate is so desperate that they are willing to pay for more than one visa filings even if it is illegal ....

(The more I read on this forum, the more cynical I become.)

I understand your situation. On what basis will you work once your OPT extension gets over by June 30th 2014?

I am currently approaching universities which provide CPT from start of the academic semester,( first) and yes, that's valid too. few universities do not provide that until 2nd sem, but yes,there are many which do. and as soon as i am in, i can work. on par with education. 

Multiple answers in a single post.

I tried to be a good guy too. but as far as i know, every single person i know of who applied for their H1's or their beloved ones H1's this year did multiple applications through multiple employers. this is not illegal and i am positively sure of this. My thought process was like I have 2 chances of getting picked as i am in masters quota. I have an advantage already. why should i be an A** by doing such a thing? but i realize that i become an A** by not doing so. no matter what it costs, i ll go ahead with multiple employers the coming year. 

Applying through multiple employers increases their chances. Positive. I have a few friends who did that, never received a reply, or a packet return from one employer, but successfully got picked and in processing currently in the other. so pretty sure multiple employer applications are valid and legit.

I am on F1 and i can work as long as my CPT is in valid status. as i am using my OPT currently, I will not be able to use either OPT or its extension next year( or at the end of my degree). All you need to be is a valid student, making sure all rules are followed. 

Joe F, how can you justify this? how can you be positively sure of this? Just a question for clarity. No offence meant.

Yeah right...

If the employer got a rejection mail, that petition got selected. Also, even if that particular petition wasn't put into the lottery, it may have been because it was deficient in some way, e.g., incomplete.

Nice try, but it still is the case that multiple applications don't increase the chances.

JOEF I agree that I used a wrong word in this scenario, The actual term should be packet was sent back, because it was not picked in the lottery....

But just becuase my terminology is not right.. doesn't make me liar... Whatever you think or say.. All I am telling is truth... I just want people to know that... Multiple filings does increase the lottery chances in H1B. I am not trying anything.. Why would you say that? What basis you have to say that I am a liar?

I have not misused anything. I honestly studied for day and night and attended interviews.. so that a good employer will apply H1b for me.. Luckily for me...I got two of them, who were interested in my talent.. SInce they wanted to hire me, they applied for H1B. I didn't do anything except doing interviews, I didnt sign any bond ( those bonds are only for shady consultancies, not good employers ) I am just looking out for my future....

If you take a look at what that person said, it's clear that he just filed multiple H1's to increase the chances. Not to work for that employer. Isn't that misuse??

That is my wish, if i want to work for an employer or not.... Employment at all times is at will from both parties... that is the rule , atleast in the state where I live...

or the candidate is so desperate that they are willing to pay for more than one visa filings even if it is illegal ....

(The more I read on this forum, the more cynical I become.)

Where did i say that I paid for my h1b filing?  Deviant post...

I am in US on the basis of my talent.. not some crappy money based H1B Filings...

Some people would probably sell their own mother to get an H1.

Shame on you.

Yeah right...

Rejection DOES NOT mean the petition got selected . From  http://www.uscis.gov/news/uscis-reaches-fy-2015-h-1b-cap-0    .    "For cap-subject petitions not randomly selected, USCIS will reject and return the petition with filing fees, unless it is found to be a duplicate filing."

If you think everybody is trying to pick a fight with you , you better introspect to see where the problem is.   Your words are not law   and USCIS has NEVER said how they do the lottery. 

Archived