All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tsrajkumar80

H1-B quota

My wife worked under h1-B for almost 3 years, resigned her job and moved into H-4. She is back in the job market now. If she finds a job now, will she fall under the regular quota and hence have to wait till next year to start the job or will it be like a regular transfer as she had a H1-B in the past? Thanks.

Raj

My wife worked under h1-B for almost 3 years, resigned her job and moved into H-4. She is back in the job market now. If she finds a job now, will she fall under the regular quota and hence have to wait till next year to start the job or will it be like a regular transfer as she had a H1-B in the past? Thanks.

Raj

She is cap exempt and an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition along with COS anytime and on approval she can start to work immediately.

Raj

She is cap exempt. Her employer can file H1 any time.

Raj

Going by above information..Any employer can file a cap-exempt petition and it basically be a COS from H4 to H1.She is good to start once her H1 is approved