Alternatives to H1B if not selected in the lottery

Attorney_23

I am currently on L1B of which the 5 years are about to expire in Sep2014. My H1 didn't go through the lottery. My green card (EB3) labor is approved. What are my options?

1. Can my company file my L1A? Or does it need to be filed 6 months prior to expiry of current visa?

2. Can my green card be filing be done in EB1 while I am on L1B? (I have managerial responsibilities noted in my current labor and meet all the criteriA i.e. have worked offshore as manager for couple of years, have been with the same company for last 7 years, have current managerial role, etc.)

3. Can I get an extension if my I140 is approved r to expiry of my current visa?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently on L1B of which the 5 years are about to expire in Sep2014. My H1 didn't go through the lottery. My green card (EB3) labor is approved. What are my options?

1. Can my company file my L1A? Or does it need to be filed 6 months prior to expiry of current visa?

2. Can my green card be filing be done in EB1 while I am on L1B? (I have managerial responsibilities noted in my current labor and meet all the criteriA i.e. have worked offshore as manager for couple of years, have been with the same company for last 7 years, have current managerial role, etc.)

3. Can I get an extension if my I140 is approved r to expiry of my current visa?

Change from L1B to L1A must be approved at least 6 months prior to reaching the 5-year max in L1B status. However, an EB1 case can be filed for a person who is in L1B status (assuming the individual qualifies and will be working in a managerial or executive position.)

Archived