Filed my I-765 application 10 days ago to Lockbox, did not receive receipt notice, Pls help!

Mandakini

Hello All,

I filed my application (I-765, Application for Employment Authorization) for renewal of my EAD at Lewisville Dallas Lockbox facility over 10 days ago and have not received a receipt notice.  Also, I have not received email notification and message after filing G-1145.

I am very much worried about it and request your kind help here.
I called USCIS customer care and they informed me that my information is not in the system. I am looking forward for your suggestion as early as possible. Thank you!

Regards,
Mandakini

Hello All,

I filed my application (I-765, Application for Employment Authorization) for renewal of my EAD at Lewisville Dallas Lockbox facility over 10 days ago and have not received a receipt notice.  Also, I have not received email notification and message after filing G-1145.

I called USCIS customer care and they informed me that my information is not in the system. I am looking forward for your suggestion as early as possible. Thank you!

Regards,
Mandakini

How did you send it? Express Mail / Certified / Return Receipt / Signature Confirmation / FEDEX / USPS? Go to the tracking page, take a print out of it.  Keep calling the USCIS and keep track of when you called (date + time). If nothing happens in 30 days take an INFOPASS appointment and see if they can search based on A# etc. Check if your account had been debited.  Did you check?

More on this later.  Good Luck.

Hello All,

Regards,
Mandakini

I know two cases where the Renewal was applied before another (new) application. The new applicant got the receipt and the candiate who sent for renewal has been waiting for a few days. So it is not adding up.

It seems they do some background check everytime you renew. Why it should take this much time is not clear.

Hello All,

Regards,
Mandakini

I found out from a reliable source the following:

1. Option#1 You can either send your application again or e-file. You have not mentioned if you efiled or not. You run the risk of losing money ; As your new application gets processed , the 1st one might get debited. I doubt if you will receive two EADs. But if you go that route, you must do it at least 90 days prior to existing EAD expiry. That way you will be able to call either the Service Center or visit Infopass and ask for Interim EAD. Your call.

2. Option#2 I knew someone who was in a similar boat but who had sent the application in time and using USPS/FedEx tracking. The person called 1-800 #, explained the situation (quoted tracking detail and it got delivered & signed) and was transferred to a 2nd level of representative. The reply given was to wait for 6-8 weeks just to see if the money gets debited. Yes 6-8 weeks. So there is no need to panic. In case you don't receive any receipt notice AND you have tracking then you should be able to get an interim EAD after 90 days. The person in question got the chek debited within few days of the call.

Good Luck.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived