Query regarding LCA & Payroll

hyperdude

Hello All,

I work in a EVC model. My Client location is in DC and I live in Virginia. As of now, my employer generates a paycheck with my home address and pays state tax to DC. During the tax season, I file for DC taxes and get the full refund. Then I pay Virginia taxes. Is this how it is supposed to work?

I was told by my CPA (Desi) that I should be able to ask my employer to run the payroll on my address itself and pay state tax to Virginia. I know few other who does the exact same as the CPA told.

I reached out to my employer and requested the same, however they are saying that Payroll should be run based on the address in LCA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I hope your CPA is in the US and an expert on US tax law.  Why is the fact your CPA is a Desi important? Did you select him based on his ethnic background or his expertise? If you answered the first, you could be considered a racist for not selecting the best qualified person.

I hope your CPA is in the US and an expert on US tax law.  Why is the fact your CPA is a Desi important? Did you select him based on his ethnic background or his expertise? If you answered the first, you could be considered a racist for not selecting the best qualified person.

I merely stated that he is a desi to let know that they are well versed with the situation H1 visa and State Tax Reciprocity. You still haven't responded to my question and accusing me of Racist which I am not. Please stay away if you don't know the answer. 

Archived