All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
primus

Working on EAD and green card denied. Can I go back on H1, that I still have few years on h1

I applied for I-485 in Aug 2013 with company A. And I also received EAD in Oct. 2014, but continued to work for A on H1b only. On Apr 1st, A got sold to company B. So I have two options: 

1) Start working for company B on EAD or 

2) Get H1 transfer applied by company B and then work 

IS FOLLOWING STATEMENT TRUE? 

If I use option 1 (using EAD) and if my green card gets denied, then I cannot restart working on remaining H1 years in US only. And I will have to return my country immediately. While in option 2, I can remain in US and re-apply for green card, while continue working for company B.

Why would GC get denied?

I am sorry, but that is not the question.

FYI, my risk appetite is 0, so I want to minimize it as much as possible. I guess that answers your question, now may I knwo answer of my question? :)

I am sorry, but that is not the question.

FYI, my risk appetite is 0, so I want to minimize it as much as possible. I guess that answers your question, now may I knwo answer of my question? :)

So, if your "risk appetite is 0", then you must have a good employer. So, why do you think there could be a denial then???

Or is your employer shady? Then your "risk appetite" would obviously larger than 0.

Take your pick...

FYI, those who wants to take it to different direction. My employer (company) is sold to other company and I don't have much confidence on them.

Why would GC get denied?

GC get denied due to reasons not attributable to Employee or Employer --- for example in Error.   MTR or Appeal  will cure it eventually but while those are in process OP cannot work on EAD.   

FYI, those who wants to take it to different direction. My employer (company) is sold to other company and I don't have much confidence on them.

To answer a question, we need information.

Then change employers, if your "risk appetite is 0"...

There are plenty of reasons for I-485 denial that will lead to H1 COS denial. Inadmissibility is a pretty common one.

There are plenty of reasons for I-485 denial that will lead to H1 COS denial. Inadmissibility is a pretty common one.

It is an "it depends". That's why it is important to have more information on why the OP thinks there could be a problem.

It is obvious that the OP hasn't thought things through...