All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
priyank15

Is it possible to change job with approved I-140 and a renewed H1B - both recent

Hi

I got my I-140 approved 4 weeks back and a new H1B extension approved and stamped from India until 2017. I have priority date of April 22, 2013. 

I was wondering what are my options to change my current job without restarting from PERM again and retaining the approved I-140. I heard from someone that I need to get my company convinced to hand the papers to me for this to happen.

Thanks for the help.

Hi

I got my I-140 approved 4 weeks back and a new H1B extension approved and stamped from India until 2017. I have priority date of April 22, 2013. 

I was wondering what are my options to change my current job without restarting from PERM again and retaining the approved I-140. I heard from someone that I need to get my company convinced to hand the papers to me for this to happen.

Thanks for the help.

You need to find from current employer whether they would revoke your approved I-140 when you move to new employer. If  you would like new employer to process GC then they have to start from scratch like how your current employer has done. The only advantage is you can retain your priority date.

Hi

Thanks for the help.

You can change your job at ANY time. But your GC sponsoring employer should not revoke your I140, even if he revokes it you can use your PD if another employer is willing to process your GC.

You can change jobs at any time, you will get the new h1b with 2017 and but new employer will have to start PERM all over again, if yours filed under EB 2, I would stick with current employer until you get GC, moving is such a waste of time and I am telling you from my experience

surendra