Visit Visa for my brother

Ammykh

Hello All, 

I am pregnant, I am thinking of calling my parents and my younger brother to visit me at the time of my delivery. 

I know its easy for parents to get a dependent visa. Can any one help me to know what i need to do to get a visit visa to my younger brother who is unmarried,and recently graduated. 

Hello All, 

I am pregnant, I am thinking of calling my parents and my younger brother to visit me at the time of my delivery. 

I know its easy for parents to get a dependent visa. Can any one help me to know what i need to do to get a visit visa to my younger brother who is unmarried,and recently graduated. 

He needs to convince VO that he has strong ties to home country; he is not a potential immigrant and intends to return back after the allowed period of stay. It will be almost impossible for your brother who is unmarried and recently graduated to get a visitor visa.

Hello All, 

Your brother has to convince vo that he will come back. Moreover a person is not eligible for visiting visa if he/she is visiting their non immigrant relatives.

Visiting visa is for visiting US not to spend time with their relatives in US.

Y cant i call my parents, whats wrong in that. what the problem . 

The problem is that visitors can not help in the household during delivery.

That is considered work, and visitors can not work.

And your parents can't get a "dependent visa." Visitors get visitor visas.

Go by what Attorneys say -- refer  http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/54609-wife-sponsoring-in-laws-visitor-visa-urgent/page-2   .     Even US consulates do not say that one cannot apply for a B visa to help a relative  during pregnancy .... they say that such applicants cannot take advantage of Emergency application process (refer http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/emergencyappointments.html) .   None of the US bodies ever guarantee a visa --- there are multiple factors . But the fact that the US consulate recognize that people do travel to help pregnant relatives and ask them to apply through regular channel  do imply that they are not considering "helping a pregnant daughter"  as no-no .

One correction -- your parents cannot get a dependent Visa.  They should apply for a Visitor  visa.    As for your brother,  there are cases in thsi forum where unmarried sisters got Visa (when some of the naysayers said  it was impossible).    It is difficult but not impossible.

There are multiple factors which decides if one will get a visa or not.  No visa is EVER guaranteed.   They must demonstrate strong ties to the home country which can be established through jobs, property, familial ties, history of traveling to other countries etc.        If in doubt ,  consult an immigration Attorney. 

"Dependent visa" - there is no such thing for visiting.  Your parents and brother are not dependents in such a manner as to justify a visa.  Please learn proper terminology.

Mr T75, 

Thanks for your suggestion, If you read my question properly I mentioned correctly. I have already applied dependent visa for my parents and they got it. I just want my younger brother to join with me, so concerned about visit visa for him not a dependent.

I dont want my younger brother to help me. come, see, and go.

If you cant help then don't.  

Mr T75, 

Thanks for your suggestion, If you read my question properly I mentioned correctly. I have already applied dependent visa for my parents and they got it. I just want my younger brother to join with me, so concerned about visit visa for him not a dependent.

What "dependent visa" are you talking about?

A visitor visa is NOT a "dependent visa".

why do they risk ban for life, what is the reason behind it. 

Once the US Immigration officers find out your parents are coming to help you in your pregnancy, they will be sent back from the airport and also be banned.

Why cant you and your husband handle this yourselves. Are you living in some remote jungle?

Once the US Immigration officers find out your parents are coming to help you in your pregnancy, they will be sent back from the airport and also be banned.

Why cant you and your husband handle this yourselves. Are you living in some remote jungle?

Don't be a scare monger .   What is the source of your information ?  

Mr T75, 

It is MRS T75, please.  A "dependent" visa is one like an H4 to and H1B or L2 to L1 or F2 to F1.  What visa did they receive?

Archived