H1B Visa revoked after 2 yrs

hruday2u

Hi Everyone,

I have a H1B visa stamped from US Embassy, Nuevo Laredo with company A valid from Oct 2011 to Oct 2014 and moved/transferred to another company B from Jan 2012 onwards and have I797 valid till Oct 2014.

Last year (May 2013) I traveled to India and returned back into US without any issues. Now I am back in India and returning back in Apr 2014. Last night I got a phone call to my US Home number (VOIP forwarded to India number) from US Embassy Nuevo Laredo informed my H1B Visa has been revoked and they warned not to use the same Visa to enter back into USA. They didnt provide more details on why it got revoked and provided a fax number to send Visa document along with any questions.

I didnt plan to take a Visa appt with Company B documents as the same was still valid with Company A untill Oct 2014. Now if I do need to attend the visa appt, dont know the reason why it got revoked.

Did anyone receive simmilar call from any US Embassy? Any idea why they have revoked?

Please share your opinions and comments.

Thanks,

Hruday

Sorry about what has happened. 

I personally never heard a case like this. IMO, you should speak to your employer and your attorney about this soon. 

Also there were certain situations in the past where people were making phone calls to the non immigrants and cooking up a story to squeeze money by making them go to a pharmacy store or gas station and transfer money in one form or the other. You may think I am deviating the context, but I wanted to throw my 2cents, anticipating if this could be one of those cases. 

Please reply here updating your findings which could be useful for many of us.

Good luck to you.

Hi Everyone,

I have a H1B visa stamped from US Embassy, Nuevo Laredo with company A valid from Oct 2011 to Oct 2014 and moved/transferred to another company B from Jan 2012 onwards and have I797 valid till Oct 2014.

Last year (May 2013) I traveled to India and returned back into US without any issues. Now I am back in India and returning back in Apr 2014. Last night I got a phone call to my US Home number (VOIP forwarded to India number) from US Embassy Nuevo Laredo informed my H1B Visa has been revoked and they warned not to use the same Visa to enter back into USA. They didnt provide more details on why it got revoked and provided a fax number to send Visa document along with any questions.

I didnt plan to take a Visa appt with Company B documents as the same was still valid with Company A untill Oct 2014. Now if I do need to attend the visa appt, dont know the reason why it got revoked.

Did anyone receive simmilar call from any US Embassy? Any idea why they have revoked?

Please share your opinions and comments.

Thanks,

Hruday

Talk to your employer's attorney.

did company B transferred your visa from company A?

if so why can't u have documents showing you're working for company B

why r u still holding company A documents which is not vaild anymore

even though your 797 is valid toll Oct 2014 with company A when company B transfeered your visa company A I-797 is not vaild anymore if company B is running your paychecks

i replied from what I understood

but you may want to check with nearest US embassy as this might be fraud and USCIS and dept of state websites posted notes with fraud calls saying its a govt call

even before u attempt to contact US embassy have proper documents

Initially even I felt it was a spam call. Then I called the US consulate Nuevo Laredo (Administration Dept) and enquired, they verified based on my name and confirmed the status as Revoked (Revoked by US Dept of State). They didn't provide any explanation on why it was revoked and further instructed to fax the questions and also gave a generic email address too.

Call came from # 240-553-0586, and the fax number they gave is correct number.

I also contacted US consulate at Hyderabad for explanation, the officer told I would need to contact Employer or US consulate Nuevo Laredo for more details.

I spoke to my old employer and he informed after an employee transfers to another company they do send a formal letter to USCIS to cancel the H1b Petition but never heard on revoking the H1b VISA stamp. When I checked my old H1b petition on USCIS it shows "Revoked on Feb 27th 2014". Employer informed petition would have been revoked based on their submission as I am no longer with them.

My current Employer and Attorney feel they may have revoked by error, and are submitting a letter to US DOS asking for explanation.

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs, please continue to share you opinions.

Thanks,

Hruday

Archived